604 7 2021-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, I have purchased a Mini 2 fly more combo 3 months ago and I love this little drone.

One big question:

I only use one of the 3 supplied batteries so far, the other 2 are in the (still sealed) charging hub. The reason doing so is, I do not have a lot of time flying and one battery is enough for now (I want the other two stay “new”).

Is there any problem with not “first charging” the batteries?

Thank you for your responds.

2021-5-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other than testing them and making sure they come out of hibernation mode after shipping, no. But I'd make sure they all work.
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RobertW. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. For additional reference the DJI Mini 2 intelligent flight battery has an Auto-Discharging Function to prevent swelling. The battery automatically discharges to approximately 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to approximately 72% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. In addition, I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines user manual ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.

2021-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dont store the batteries,   they will end up being useless,   label them and then cycle through them as you fly.  this way they will stay far more healthy.
2021-5-17
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you all for the reply.
I was just wondering, if the Combo sit’s unsold on a store shelf for a prolonged amount of time, it should also hurt the batteries, or not??
2021-5-21
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

To DJI Stephen:
Thank you for the reply.
But this doesn’t answer my question. I was referring to the first charge after purchase.
Are those batteries in a “sleep mode” and can they be left in this mode for, lets say, 6 to 10 months ?
2021-5-21
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

+1 for this question. Is it better to store new batteries in the initial factory hibernation mode or charge and cycle them as soon as possible. For example I've got three new batteries for my birthday which I don't need right now because I have enough used ones. So should I let them sleep or wake up?
2021-5-21
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

The manual says the Hibernation mode is for safety and to stop 'over discharge'.
Battery will go back into hibernation if level is less than 10% or voltage lower than 3v.

It sounds like hibernation is just to stop the auto-discharge feature.
My guessing (and advice from others on here) is if you have 3 batteries and generally only use 1 when u go fly (like me), you're probably still better off labelling them and cycling through them instead of long term storing them.
The batteries are rated by DJI for 200 cycles so you really wouldn't be losing out on anything by keeping them all active.... i don't think  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_12.pdf
2021-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules