3466 14 2021-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chaosrx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 579449 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi, I just bought Air 2S and after a few flights, I noticed a blurred part of the photos around center. Have you encountered anything like this? Already done IMU and gimbal calibration, tried AF vs MF, but nothing helped - still the same blurred spot. Do you see blur in my photos too? Is this considered as standard?
Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yr41q ... AzoJ-7Jhs23i-a?dl=0

Thanks for any advice

2021-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chaosrx. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.
2021-5-18
Use props
Chaosrx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Czechia

Everything is updated, that's the first thing i tried. Blurry spots remains even after resetting the gimbal, calibration, etc.
2021-5-19
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I assume the lens is clean?...I can see it...Can you go back to where you bought it for an exchange?
2021-5-19
Use props
Chaosrx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Czechia

jmb63 Posted at 5-19 04:03
I assume the lens is clean?...I can see it...Can you go back to where you bought it for an exchange?

Yes, the lens is clean.

If it were possible, I would do so. However, I bought the drone for business and there is no possibility to return the drone in 14 days and the seller will not replace the drone either.
2021-5-19
Use props
LukaszZandecki
lvl.1
Poland

I have exactly the same problem with my new Air 2S (bought a week ago), there are areas on on photos (dng and jpgs) which are blurred. One of them is on the left of center in simillar location to the one from Chaosrx's drone. Seems it is a production failure...
2021-7-22
Use props
lestaylorphoto
lvl.1
Japan

Just here to say I have the same issue. I reached out to DJI on Twitter and sent them images & video and they said they'd get back to me. I also have a Mavic Mini, and I never noticed this issue there, so I think this should not be considered standard. Good luck get it sorted out!
2021-7-22
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

I think that I have a similar problem but not on this spot. I was assuming that the lens might have some issues too.

However usually this area (somewhere close to center) shouldn't be blurred even if there was a production issue on lens or sensors.
I think I would need to check if the internal distortion calibration caused this issue. It might be. But I don't have a good test method yet... The drone's camera is not designed to shoot in very close range (like within 1 meter) and that makes it very hard to find a even surface with high contrast everywhere...
2021-7-22
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

DJI applied the distortion correction to the jpg, and embed the distortion correction profile into the DNG file that it created. With Adobe software, like LR or PS, it would be automatically applied and you don't have the option to turn it off (even if you try to turn it off, it's still there). I think that I need to use something that doesn't automatically apply this correction, which leads me to Affinity Photo.
2021-7-22
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

I have the same problem to, since day one.
Blured spot on the bottom left side of picture.
Taking in to account all the repports here, its clear that there are lenses production issues in the Air 2S.
Dji asked me for sample movies and photos i sent them, and they are quiet as a rock for the last 2 months. Didnt even bothered to give any answer.
This is just poor quality control and even poorer support.
2021-7-22
Use props
lestaylorphoto
lvl.1
Japan

I found this video about the Mavic Pro which seems to address a similar issue, so it's possible there's a software related problem. I have tried all kinds of settings though and nothing seems to fix it for me on the Air2s, and it sure looks like a lens or sensor issue, not an issue with software. Anyway, here's the video: https://youtu.be/ZEQvOAsY6ks
2021-7-22
Use props
Chaosrx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Czechia

I contacted DJI on Facebook, Twitter, official support chat and email. I sent them sample photos and I requested an exchange within 14 days. They told me they will get to me soon and since then, they are quiet for the last 2 months despite a few reminders.

The blurred place is still there, I'm dealing with it by heavy processing in Photoshop and Lightroom.

So yeah, thank you DJI...
2021-7-23
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Another thread was started with a similar issue. Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem.
2021-7-23
Use props
AWDstylez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2561562 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chiming in for same problem. Blur at right-center. Ever find a solution?
Can litereally have one window of house be tack sharp and then window next to it be horribly blurred.
2022-1-15
Use props
David Key
lvl.2

Georgia

Have the same problem. Also, when I zoom in 2x on 4k video, the area near the center is blurred too. I hope this is a software problem and DJI will resolve it soon.
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules