altitude drop after stop
585 3 2021-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hi all! I just got mini 2, for fast deployment and some fun - i am certainly impressed with that little baby!  Flies rather well, pictures are nice -
but, there's one thing i noticed -  
as i fly, when i come to a stop, there's a definite drop in altitude... so i usually stop, take a pic in AEB 3 or 5, and i certainly notice a few feet drop, especially when i am low near an object - so it's extra easy to notice the difference.
Of course, that would really stink if i was over something - but the sensors would probably catch that...
Anyways, certainly, 1-2ft drop every time after i stop... unless i go really slow.. like say in cinema mode.. but N and S both do that...The drone is full ypatched and only like a week old.

Any ideas?

Thx.

GT
2021-5-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

MINI2 does this much better than a MINI1, so be happy.....

From full speed forward, relasing stick drone does perform a rapid quick stop. From pitch Down to pitch Up to pitch Zero.
Pitching UP from DOWN ; craft tends to climb, from Down from Up ; craft tends to descend.

All vertical moves are controlled by your drone imu/flight controller, imo DJI did a great job to handle this but some vertical height changes are imo acceptable.

Just fly and enjoy your MINI2, if i may see so, don`t find problems wich are not there...

Happy many landings,
cheers
JJB
2021-5-18
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

That's good info. the only other drones i got are p4p and p3p - and neither does that, so i just wanted to make sure i do not have an issue! thx a bunch!

GT
2021-5-18
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 5-18 01:47
Hi,

MINI2 does this much better than a MINI1, so be happy.....

Strange, my Mini 1 drops less when stopping than my Mini 2.
2021-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules