VIDEO PLAYBACK BUG DJI MINI2
409 7 2021-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DUOEXPLOR
lvl.1
Mexico

Hello,

I recently bought a DJI mini 2 with a 64GB U3 Class10 micro SDXC card.

Once the takes are saved on my phone, no problem. But when I made a transfer from my SD card to my external hard drive, some videos are jerky, get stuck when playing on my MacBook Air. When I transfer these videos to iMovie, black screens appear at times.

I remain at your disposal if you want more details.

thank you so much for helping !

2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DUOEXPLOR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. In addition kindly please try using a supported SD card for us to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

2021-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you are recording in h265 and your Mac is not unto the job of smooth playback,   only the very latest CPUs contain h265 playback.
2021-5-20
Use props
DUOEXPLOR
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 20:10
Hello there DUOEXPLOR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. In addition kindly please try using a supported SD card for us to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello, thank you for your answers, excuse my delay but my network is very weak here.
I couldn't upload a video to the forum but here is an iMovie capture that shows the phenomenon.
As I am not in France currently I can't find a Sandisk or a Samsung SIM card. Only Adata...

Thanks for helping
2021-6-30
Use props
DUOEXPLOR
lvl.1
Mexico

DAFlys Posted at 5-20 00:03
Sounds like you are recording in h265 and your Mac is not unto the job of smooth playback,   only the very latest CPUs contain h265 playback.

Hello,

excuse my delay. Regarding my computer, I have the MacBook Air (M1, 2020), so I don't understand why it would be difficult for the Mac to play the video because it is not so old.
Would you recommend to record in h264 ? Can I change this in the setting ?

Thanks for replying
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DUOEXPLOR Posted at 6-30 09:16
Hello,

excuse my delay. Regarding my computer, I have the MacBook Air (M1, 2020), so I don't understand why it would be difficult for the Mac to play the video because it is not so old.

M1 mac should be fine.  Perhaps you have a fake sd card.  There are lots around.
2021-6-30
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You try to play from MicroSD, or copy to HDD the movie?
You have MP4 or Mov selected at recording? Some Apple works better with MOV extension, no matter if is H264 or H265.
There is no issue with your laptop, can play H265 as DECODING is not such big thing, ENCODING is....some members did not find out about this...Just try to change the app that play the movie. (some use HW decoding, some does not).
The first thing to do is that: Record 4K H265 MOV, save the movie from drone through USB cable to HDD, check the movie....then copy from HDD to a USB, insert in a TV, check the movie.
It will be a trial in order to eliminate one by one the potential problems.
PS. The MicroSD should be capable to write at 14 Mb/s....test it...copy a large file and watch the speed...if is not, 1st thing to do = change the MicroSD. (don't care if is on package that READS with 100Mb/S....you write on it, that is a fake advert with Reading instead of Writing).
2021-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DUOEXPLOR Posted at 6-30 09:16
Hello,

Hi there DUOEXPLOR. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. You may try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said recommended microSD card for the DJI Mini 2 that you need is available. Thank you and please be safe always.
2021-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules