DJI Customer service don't seem to care
1305 28 2021-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

I bought a new drone a few months ago.

I traveled in Iceland and my drone got caught in the rain (drizzling) and hit a rock.

I let it rest and it is fully functioning (100%), one of the propellers feels a bit stuck when I manually play with it, but flyes perfectly.

I decided to send to DJI to look at, they quoted me at $318 for water damage which is odd as it was stuck in the rain for barely a minute. The drone is fully functional and there is literally nothing to change.

When I tried reasoning with them, there was nothing to be done. Do they think we as consumers are suckers?
2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Liorth12, I am sorry to hear about your case. Could you please provide your case number to me? I would love to look into the details in our system and try to help.
A warm prompt, please do not fly on a rainy day, the drone is not waterproof.
2021-5-19
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

Hi Susan, thanks for your promt reply. This is my case number - CAS-6356422-C3N1D2

I appreciate it.
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Liorth12 Posted at 5-20 04:53
Hi Susan, thanks for your promt reply. This is my case number - CAS-6356422-C3N1D2

I appreciate it.

Hi there, we have already transit your feedback to our corresponding team and escalate it to a higher department.  Thanks for your response
2021-5-20
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

Hi Thor,  

Thanks for your reply. When should I expect to hear back?
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Liorth12 Posted at 5-20 19:37
Hi Thor,  

Thanks for your reply. When should I expect to hear back?

Hi there, we have accelerated your case and we will contact you as soon as possible.
2021-5-20
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

Hey Thor. I was in contact with Christine.

She reduced the repair price by 50% and said she will see if we can get the $69 that DJI Refresh Care price. I haven't heard back from her since last Wednesday and haven't received email replies to my follow ups. Please help me push this
2021-6-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Liorth12 Posted at 6-2 06:17
Hey Thor. I was in contact with Christine.

She reduced the repair price by 50% and said she will see if we can get the $69 that DJI Refresh Care price. I haven't heard back from her since last Wednesday and haven't received email replies to my follow ups. Please help me push this

Our supervisor team is following up on your case and has replied to your email today. Please check it. Thanks.
2021-6-2
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

I spoke to you guys a few days ago. Every time I am told I will be called back in 24-48 hours and no-one ever calls back. This is truly horrible customer service and so frustrating
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liorth12 Posted at 6-9 14:25
I spoke to you guys a few days ago. Every time I am told I will be called back in 24-48 hours and no-one ever calls back. This is truly horrible customer service and so frustrating

We feel sorry for the unpleasant experience. I will check your case with the corresponding team and request a follow-up as soon as possible. Our support's issue will be investigated as well. Apologize again for the trouble caused.
2021-6-9
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Susan. Why does everything take so long? You guys probably had my drone for 3 weeks already. A solution was offered but when we spoke about another option it always takes a very long time to get back. I expected a better solution from the get go with you guys, + a better rate of response.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liorth12 Posted at 6-10 02:45
Thanks Susan. Why does everything take so long? You guys probably had my drone for 3 weeks already. A solution was offered but when we spoke about another option it always takes a very long time to get back. I expected a better solution from the get go with you guys, + a better rate of response.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. It may need time to apply for another solution and have it approved. I had urged the team for the update. Thank you for your patience.
2021-6-10
Use props
TFH_Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 721929 ft
United States

DJI Doesn’t Care- Seems to be True

I have also had horrible response from DJI care - I purchased a defective drone with DJI REFRESH+ - after a few flights I was told to by DJI (and amazon on conference call) to return it and they would transfer the DJI care.  After repeated phone calls and two months - nothing!!!  My drone is showing as not being covered and getting help and understanding them is next to impossible.
After 25 years in IT, and discussing it with several other colleagues, we are all wondering if DJI  just doesn't care after they sell the unit to its customers because many people seem to be having similar issues.....

Gene
2021-7-3
Use props
TFH_Flyer
lvl.2
United States

I am having the same problems with DJI customer care.   I purchase a drone which after a few flights both DJI and Amazon (purchased from) said to return it and they would send a new one and my DJI Care would just transfer since this is a new drone.  It’s been over 3 months and multiple calls and NOTHING!!! Tech support will stop me from purchasing another DJI product in the future if this is not resolved soon and this will be returned as well.

2021-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TFH_Flyer Posted at 7-3 11:24
I have also had horrible response from DJI care - I purchased a defective drone with DJI REFRESH+ - after a few flights I was told to by DJI (and amazon on conference call) to return it and they would transfer the DJI care.  After repeated phone calls and two months - nothing!!!  My drone is showing as not being covered and getting help and understanding them is next to impossible.
After 25 years in IT, and discussing it with several other colleagues, we are all wondering if DJI  just doesn't care after they sell the unit to its customers because many people seem to be having similar issues.....

Hi Gene, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We had checked the relevant emails regarding your request, we do not receive the attachment of the proof of return and had replied to your email and ask for the corresponding info, then we receive no replies.
Could you please check the email and reply to us with the needed information? We will also ask the corresponding team to contact you again regarding your case. Please keep an eye on the email.
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Osmo Action stopped working with 7-8 months. It was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Osmo Action stopped working with 7-8 months. It was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Osmo Action stopped working within 7-8 months. It was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working for so many years. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_gu5RnVFLoqHf Posted at 7-12 02:29
My Osmo Action stopped working within 7-8 months. It was within warranty but I neglected to contact them. I contacted them today, 13 months after purchase and they refused to take responsibility. I have Gopro 4 and 5 still working for so many years. I am going to wait for the new GoPro10 that will come soon and forget the poor experience I had with DJI products and customer care. Yaqov

Hi there, we have replied to you in another post. For us to better assist your case, let's continue the conversation on that post. Thanks for your response.
2021-7-12
Use props
TFH_Flyer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-3 23:53
Hi Gene, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We had checked the relevant emails regarding your request, we do not receive the attachment of the proof of return and had replied to your email and ask for the corresponding info, then we receive no replies.
Could you please check the email and reply to us with the needed information? We will also ask the corresponding team to contact you again regarding your case. Please keep an eye on the email.

It was purchased from YOU and returned to YOU.  YOUR website has the serial numbers of the drones - it took me days to find out where.  I purchased a drone that was returned -  going through my call recordings I was specifically told that it would be transferred within 2 days -  the rep at DJI called Amazon - and everything was verified that it was shipped and received buy you.  Your tech support people try to speak English but still you can barely understand them.  For the prices you charge you shouldn't make the customer be responsible for your paperwork issue.  Your tech support people make promises they don’t keep, and have made us very hesitant to purchase our commercial products through your company.  If you reviewed the initial talks - it took months just to get the last drone which is why it's taken so long.........I purchased another one rather than deal with yoiur company - $700 is worth it not to have this aggravation.  I paid for DJI Care on my new drone - and that's what i should have received.  DJI sent a drone that needed to be returned (so legally I didn't own it anymore - DJI did - but I did own the service contract which was supposed to be transferred by the DJI rep (promised and assured it would be done no problem) you would see that a defective drone was returned to Amazon (sold by DJI) - you’ve received them - your site says so…….
I am a cancer patient on disability and want to thank you for making me spend all this extra money on something that is a simple paperwork issue on your end.  The one thing I really enjoy doing that I still can do is fly.........now you have even taken that pleasure away.
I didn't even bother trying to return the braces (screw was bent) - I tried to explain it o the rep but he/she couldn't understand what I meant so I just gave up.  This is a systemic issue I read.  You guys are 50/50 - 50% good service 50% horrible.......  Check emails, notes from your call center in China not the US......and all the calls with Amazon prior to the delivery of the drone you never transferred care to.

I was told DJI would handle the transfer of the drone since it was returned where purchased (DJI Store online at Amazon - still shipped by DJI) determined to have had something wrong with it and that DJI Refresh would be transferred.  If I was not promised that - why didn't I just return the entire thing and place a new order? ( I asked to do this but was asssured i didn't need to - maybe this is why) I have not even been able to explain that a pixel was out on the goggles from the start - but after multiple tries to tell them i needed new braces - I just gave up.  

2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TFH_Flyer Posted at 7-26 18:32
It was purchased from YOU and returned to YOU.  YOUR website has the serial numbers of the drones - it took me days to find out where.  I purchased a drone that was returned -  going through my call recordings I was specifically told that it would be transferred within 2 days -  the rep at DJI called Amazon - and everything was verified that it was shipped and received buy you.  Your tech support people try to speak English but still you can barely understand them.  For the prices you charge you shouldn't make the customer be responsible for your paperwork issue.  Your tech support people make promises they don’t keep, and have made us very hesitant to purchase our commercial products through your company.  If you reviewed the initial talks - it took months just to get the last drone which is why it's taken so long.........I purchased another one rather than deal with yoiur company - $700 is worth it not to have this aggravation.  I paid for DJI Care on my new drone - and that's what i should have received.  DJI sent a drone that needed to be returned (so legally I didn't own it anymore - DJI did - but I did own the service contract which was supposed to be transferred by the DJI rep (promised and assured it would be done no problem) you would see that a defective drone was returned to Amazon (sold by DJI) - you’ve received them - your site says so…….
I am a cancer patient on disability and want to thank you for making me spend all this extra money on something that is a simple paperwork issue on your end.  The one thing I really enjoy doing that I still can do is fly.........now you have even taken that pleasure away.
I didn't even bother trying to return the braces (screw was bent) - I tried to explain it o the rep but he/she couldn't understand what I meant so I just gave up.  This is a systemic issue I read.  You guys are 50/50 - 50% good service 50% horrible.......  Check emails, notes from your call center in China not the US......and all the calls with Amazon prior to the delivery of the drone you never transferred care to.

Hello, TFH_Flyer. We are really sorry for what you encountered and totally understand your urgency now. However, according to our policy concerning to the Care transference, it requires our customers offering the effective proof of purchase. We have checked the previous emails and haven't received any relevant materials about your proof for now. Would you please email us again attaching the needed proof? We will also assign your case to our designated teams and tackle the issues once hear from you. Thanks for cooperation.
2021-7-26
Use props
TFH_Flyer
lvl.2
United States

I HAVE SENT SCREENSHOTS OF EVERYTHING IN WAS TOLD IT WAS ESCALATED TWICE - now tonight a third time — STAY AWAY FROM DJI
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TFH_Flyer Posted at 7-30 21:59
I HAVE SENT SCREENSHOTS OF EVERYTHING IN WAS TOLD IT WAS ESCALATED TWICE - now tonight a third time — STAY AWAY FROM DJI

Hello, there. Sorry for any other displeasure during the process, we have confirmed with our designated team and urged them to verify your case. Once we get any updates, we will inform you soon. Please keep following with us and we will contact you in the email.
2021-7-30
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

I have another claim and they are just horrible. Please contact me to resolve this flyaway case.
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liorth12 Posted at 12-5 06:08
I have another claim and they are just horrible. Please contact me to resolve this flyaway case.

Liorth12, we are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience. Could you please tell us the ticket/case number of your case for further assistance? We are concerned about your case and hope to receive your reply soon.
2021-12-5
Use props
Liorth12
lvl.1

United States

Hi Susan, this is the case number - CAS-7675557-Q1X1Q8

Thanks,
Lior
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Liorth12 Posted at 12-6 06:12
Hi Susan, this is the case number - CAS-7675557-Q1X1Q8

Thanks,

Hi Lior, sorry for the belated reply, your case was escalated and it seemed that it has been sorted. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, I will try my best to help.
A warm prompt, please click the "Reply" button if you reply to me so I can receive the reminder. Thank you.
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules