1476 7 2021-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wondering if you could paint the shell of the fpv drone? I don't know if it is that simple, I thought it was as simple as hitting it with a coat of spray paint, but it seems a lot more involved than that, or at least I have heard. You have to apply a coat of primer, paint it, secondary primer coat, and all of this stuff you have to do, what if the paint doesn't adhere to the plastic because it isn't "compatible"??? Can someone tell me if it is as awful to do as I have heard, or if I could just paint it and be done with it.

2021-5-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have seen another forum member paint his. you would have to search for it. Some say it may interfere with the GPS signal also.
2021-5-21
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I know there's a couple of painted FPV drones on the forum. Here's the only one I could find quickly.
2021-5-21
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I found the other two I've seen.
@Apollo has a cool paint job.
@Dabomac has two custom paint jobs.
2021-5-21
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 5-21 12:44
I have seen another forum member paint his. you would have to search for it. Some say it may interfere with the GPS signal also.

Will not hurt the GPS signal unless you paint it with a shielding material.

GPS will happily go through my 2 story house both ceilings. It really depends on the quality and size of the GPS receiver.  I get good signal on my DJI Naza H GPS Pucks on my helis. Not so good on some DJI drones.

2021-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are not artistically inclined or not versed in model paining you might want to take the easy way of customizing your drone using decals.  In my experience you can find great drone decals here.
2021-5-22
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 03:36
If you are not artistically inclined or not versed in model paining you might want to take the easy way of customizing your drone using decals.  In my experience you can find great drone decals here.

I was planning on just doing a solid color, like red or orange, but i still might pick up one of those decals!
2021-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ManOfSand Posted at 5-30 21:18
I was planning on just doing a solid color, like red or orange, but i still might pick up one of those decals!

Sounds great.  
2021-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules