1677 15 2021-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 329347 ft
Russia

Hello!
On the new out-of-the-box DJI Mini 2 quadcopter, artifacts appear in the form of waves when shooting video.  I noticed (but this is not certain) that they appear approximately in the second half of the video and only once in each video when shooting a long video, for example, a 15 minute video.  If you change the view dramatically (for example, quickly lower the camera down with the Fn button or apply digital zoom on your phone, they disappear without a trace. Tell me what is the reason for this and can I do something about it? Latest firmware, last DJI FLY. There are no filters on the lens. The lens is clean.

Attached a link to the video. At 45 seconds, I show how to get rid of artifacts:
https://youtu.be/rAoSUOMQ__M

IMG_1417.jpg
2021-5-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Maybe an SD card which is too slow.

Check if the SD card you are using is on the recommended list. https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-2/specs

Eventually try a different memory card and format it on the drone itself.
2021-5-23
Use props
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Russia

JohnDG Posted at 5-23 23:33
Maybe an SD card which is too slow.

Check if the SD card you are using is on the recommended list. https://www.dji.com/mobile/mini-2/specs

The memory card meets the performance requirements.
2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return it for a replacement,  thats not right.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RiffSkill. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended microSD card on your DJI Mini 2 to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue persist I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support or contact the seller for further assistance on this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

2021-5-24
Use props
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Russia

I don't quite understand why this might be a memory card issue. While shooting, I see these artifacts also on my smartphone in FPV mode ... If you change the view, the artifacts disappear. Could this be a software issue that could be fixed by flashing when an update comes out?
2021-5-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

RiffSkill Posted at 5-24 00:40
I don't quite understand why this might be a memory card issue. While shooting, I see these artifacts also on my smartphone in FPV mode ... If you change the view, the artifacts disappear.

A defective SD card has influence on all electronics.
I am using exactly the same card. The used type is ok.

You can try with another sd card, but if the problem remains contact DJI for replacement.
2021-5-24
Use props
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Russia

Attached a link to the video. At 45 seconds, I show how to get rid of artifacts:
https://youtu.be/rAoSUOMQ__M
2021-5-24
Use props
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Russia

There are no artifacts on the video from the memory card!
2021-5-24
Use props
wateroftyne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 764797 ft
United Kingdom

Is your SD card legit? So many fakes out there.
Worth checking just in case.
2021-5-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

RiffSkill Posted at 5-24 08:03
There are no artifacts on the video from the memory card!

If the video on the memory card is clean, and you see these only with the video cache on the phone; than I guess your phone is not fully compatible with the fly app.
2021-5-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

RiffSkill Posted at 5-24 08:03
There are no artifacts on the video from the memory card!

if the video on the memory card is ok , then you could have interference with the video signal or a incompatibility problem with the smart phone you are using. See that you also close other apps that might take too much resources on your phone.
Also might consider to put your phone in airplane mode to stop wifi, bt, lte and other transmissions. The electro-magnetic signals from your phone might influence the controller too.

Lots of wifi signals in urban area might disrupt the signal too.
2021-5-24
Use props
D.K.777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9810 ft
Ukraine

Greetings. I have the same thing happens sometimes. You can see this artifacts only on the mobile phone screen while you are flying. Artifacts can appear rather you record video or not. Overall, the recorded video is clean. DJI Team, please look closer at this problem. Thanks.
2021-5-24
Use props
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Russia

D.K.777 Posted at 5-24 23:44
Greetings. I have the same thing happens sometimes. You can see this artifacts only on the mobile phone screen while you are flying. Artifacts can appear rather you record video or not. Overall, the recorded video is clean. DJI Team, please look closer at this problem. Thanks.

Do you have an Apple device with iOS? One of those who responded on another forum had the same problems with an Apple tablet with an iOS operating system. Perhaps this bug is taking place with Apple devices.
2021-5-24
Use props
D.K.777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9810 ft
Ukraine

RiffSkill Posted at 5-24 23:59
Do you have an Apple device with iOS? One of those who responded on another forum had the same problems with an Apple tablet with an iOS operating system. Perhaps this bug is taking place with Apple devices.

I use Android device. I always turn on the "airplane" mode while flying. No matter if i fly far or nearby, this issue can happen. Maybe that artifacts are based on some interferences...
2021-5-25
Use props
RiffSkill
lvl.1
Russia

D.K.777 Posted at 5-25 06:14
I use Android device. I always turn on the "airplane" mode while flying. No matter if i fly far or nearby, this issue can happen. Maybe that artifacts are based on some interferences...
Thank you all for your answers.  It was decided to leave it as it is.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules