3372 26 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Fly App Update (iOS 1.4.3) for DJI Air 2S, Mavic Mini 2, Mavic Mini, DJI FPV, and Mavic Air 2 that fixes the missing iOS charging, that DJI decided to take away in DJI Fly App Update (1.4.2). Further, they have added a new feature Color Assist that will help you access the colors while recording in DLOG with DJI Air 2S (was there in 1.4.2 as well) but this video demonstrates the feature :-)

2021-5-24
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

Thanks for the video Henrik.  Any idea if the 1.4.3 update fixes the “video freeze” issue caused by the 1.4.2 update?  I noticed you’re using an iPhone and I think the issue was only impacting Android/smart controller users but I thought I’d ask anyway.  
2021-5-24
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-24 07:37
Thanks for the video Henrik.  Any idea if the 1.4.3 update fixes the “video freeze” issue caused by the 1.4.2 update?  I noticed you’re using an iPhone and I think the issue was only impacting Android/smart controller users but I thought I’d ask anyway.

This update is only for iOS so short answer is no
2021-5-24
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 5-24 07:46
This update is only for iOS so short answer is no

That’s really a shame.  Thank you for the info.
2021-5-24
Use props
SJS Images
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Fixes iphone charging but will still not charge an ipad mini 5
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doesn't seem to be fixed,  there's still no option to turn off charging.
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SJS Images Posted at 5-24 08:04
Fixes iphone charging but will still not charge an ipad mini 5

Lucky you,  I dont want the charging,   it just a waste of battery cycles.
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-24 07:37
Thanks for the video Henrik.  Any idea if the 1.4.3 update fixes the “video freeze” issue caused by the 1.4.2 update?  I noticed you’re using an iPhone and I think the issue was only impacting Android/smart controller users but I thought I’d ask anyway.

1.4.2 seemed to cause video freezing for me on iPhone 12,   not had time to find out if this is any better due to the weather.
2021-5-24
Use props
SJS Images
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 08:12
Lucky you,  I dont want the charging,   it just a waste of battery cycles.

I wonder if you can purchase a data only lead that will allow the app to run but not the charging .  Might be worth looking into
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SJS Images Posted at 5-24 08:16
I wonder if you can purchase a data only lead that will allow the app to run but not the charging .  Might be worth looking into

Im going to have a go and cutting the power line,   its possible on USB 3 so might be worth a try.
2021-5-24
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 08:13
1.4.2 seemed to cause video freezing for me on iPhone 12,   not had time to find out if this is any better due to the weather.

Thanks for the info.  I only noticed Android/Smart Controller users having the issue in the other thread.  I'd be interested to know if the 1.4.3 update on iOS resolves the issue for you.  This is my first drone, is it normal for DJI to push out an update for one OS but not the other?  Seems like it would make sense for them to update the app for both OS' at the same time.  This freeze issue really needs to get resolved asap, it's a pretty big deal.
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-24 08:25
Thanks for the info.  I only noticed Android/Smart Controller users having the issue in the other thread.  I'd be interested to know if the 1.4.3 update on iOS resolves the issue for you.  This is my first drone, is it normal for DJI to push out an update for one OS but not the other?  Seems like it would make sense for them to update the app for both OS' at the same time.  This freeze issue really needs to get resolved asap, it's a pretty big deal.

It swings about between the two OS's. some times IOS gets the love and then sometimes its Android, the exception is usually related to a new product launch.
2021-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 08:11
Doesn't seem to be fixed,  there's still no option to turn off charging.

Yeah that needs to happen, if you want to run 4/5 batteries flying then this could mean depending on your device that RC needs Charging…..
2021-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 09:44
Yeah that needs to happen, if you want to run 4/5 batteries flying then this could mean depending on your device that RC needs Charging…..

I’ve left a review in the App Store, perhaps do the same.
2021-5-24
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 09:44
Yeah that needs to happen, if you want to run 4/5 batteries flying then this could mean depending on your device that RC needs Charging…..
Starting with a well charged iPhone, flying 5 batteries won’t drain the RC to the point of recharging. Not even close.
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have created for the DJI Fly application. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2021-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2021-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-24 08:25
Thanks for the info.  I only noticed Android/Smart Controller users having the issue in the other thread.  I'd be interested to know if the 1.4.3 update on iOS resolves the issue for you.  This is my first drone, is it normal for DJI to push out an update for one OS but not the other?  Seems like it would make sense for them to update the app for both OS' at the same time.  This freeze issue really needs to get resolved asap, it's a pretty big deal.

If you have followed DJI over the years it is quite obvious that they favor iOS over Android.  Most other drone manufacturers issue updates for both operating systems at the same time vice favoring one over the other.  
2021-5-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 04:51
If you have followed DJI over the years it is quite obvious that they favor iOS over Android.  Most other drone manufacturers issue updates for both operating systems at the same time vice favoring one over the other.

Not true, Autel is notorious for doing the "releases" for each operating system at different times. But they do have a beta testing program available to get the sneak peeks and testing before release so that kind of satisfy the early adopters, etc?
But yes, DJI is very iOS "friendly" whereas Autel doesn't even include a lightning cable in the box!
2021-5-25
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-25 04:51
If you have followed DJI over the years it is quite obvious that they favor iOS over Android.  Most other drone manufacturers issue updates for both operating systems at the same time vice favoring one over the other.

Strange they would favor iOS when their own Smart Controller is an Android device.  Either way I’m still waiting to hear when they are going to push out an update to fix the video freezing issue clearly caused by the 1.4.2 update.

2021-5-25
Use props
Meanderthal
lvl.2

United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-25 06:31
Strange they would favor iOS when their own Smart Controller is an Android device.  Either way I’m still waiting to hear when they are going to push out an update to fix the video freezing issue clearly caused by the 1.4.2 update.
They *have* to use Android for their aging, underpowered smart RC. They obviously can’t make an iOS controller. And for Android they have to make an app that suits many devices- iOS is much simpler.

As mentioned before, historically,  DJI’s software performs much better on iOS devices. They will likely always favor iOS.
2021-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 5-25 05:25
Not true, Autel is notorious for doing the "releases" for each operating system at different times. But they do have a beta testing program available to get the sneak peeks and testing before release so that kind of satisfy the early adopters, etc?
But yes, DJI is very iOS "friendly" whereas Autel doesn't even include a lightning cable in the box!

This was why i used the word "most".  I knew Autel was an outlier in updates.  Happy flying.
2021-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-25 06:31

Fixing the video freezing issue should be a priority.  Hopefully we will se an update soon.  
2021-5-26
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 03:01
Fixing the video freezing issue should be a priority.  Hopefully we will se an update soon.

Hopefully very soon.  This issue is very frustrating and dangerous as well.
2021-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-26 06:57

2021-5-27
Use props
Neil.Madden
lvl.1
Australia

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-26 06:57

Its happened to me 4 times all within line of site and a piloted it home. As a newbie what to do if not in line of site, can you reboot your mobile while flight is active or would it be a case of press home
2021-6-27
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2021-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules