manned flight object in Goggle
682 5 2021-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Der-Jeti
lvl.2

Germany

Hi,

a plane came nearby today.  A message in fpv goggle appears that a manned flight object is nearby.  DJI fly was not connected.  How does this work?
2021-5-24
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

ADS-B

https://www.dji.com/nl/flysafe/airsense

worth bearing it mind this transmission seems to be 'optional', Ive never seen it come up here...

though, I think all commecial aircraft are at crusing altitude.
but I dont think even 'local' helicopters seem to be broadcasting which is a pity!
2021-5-24
Use props
Der-Jeti
lvl.2

Germany

It was a low-flying German jet
2021-5-24
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

a quick bit of internet searching, it looks like, in europe there is a transition phase - new aircraft need ads-b, but the retrofitting plan was delayed (if I read correctly) until Dec 2023.
so I guess over next couple of years, we will see more and more  transmissions.

I just hope we don't end up being alerted of aircraft flying at 10,000 meters ... as the info would then be useless.
(unfortunately, goggles only tell us aircraft near by, not direction/height/speed, which could be useful!)
2021-5-24
Use props
Der-Jeti
lvl.2

Germany

OK.  I'm amazed.  Knew that the FPV has something like that
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Der-Jeti. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ). Thank you.
2021-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules