Gut a P3 and use a 450,550, 560, or matrice or ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
njinspector2012
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96903 ft
United States

Gut a P3 and use a 450,550, 560, or matrice or ?With all the posts about p2 and p3 shell cracks, I am thinking about gutting my p3 and putting it in another uav.
What are your thoughts?      

2015-7-19
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

It will work but your flight time will be cut in half because of the weight of the f450 arms.
2015-7-19
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Also you can't tune the controller all that much so would have to be very close to the same dimensions/centre of mass to have the same flight characteristics..

Also you'd have to go to a lot of trouble to mount the battery/connector as it has a data connection to the battery as well as the power..

Maybe you could just fly a P3 as the photography platform that it is, and if you see any cracks appearing re-enforce the fame with epoxy/glass or just replace the cover?  Seems like a lot of effort and time to go to when the P3 is a pretty good bird..  if you want a different style of quad, but one, don't buy a $1k quad and gut it.. Seems nutty?  or is it just me. ;-)
2015-7-20
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

The other thing is..  has anyone actually had a phantom fall out of the sky due to the stress cracks?  

I imagine if you didn't check/maintain your Phantom it might lead to a failure, but is this actually a fall-out-of-the-sky issue?  I suspect not?  Dunno..  Just guessing.
2015-7-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Provided that you perform pre flight inspections for loose or missing fasteners and observe for cracking, I doubt that the Phantom would crash due to cracking of the shell.

The only shell failure that I can see causing a crash would be if the motor broke lose.

Loss of a single motor on a quad is the kiss of death.
2015-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules