Just Ordered!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Hello! Boy am i excited! After 7 months of saving every coin i could find i finally saved enouph for a Phantom. Ive been flying helis, quads and airplanes since i was 12 (im 16 now) so im not new at this. I decided to go with the advanced because i do not want/need 4k nor do I have a super computer to process it. I feel as if there is so much presure from dji to get the pro model it actually kind of annoys me....dam those gold stickers. So my order will be here in 5 days, i live in Whistler if anyone wants to fly with me, and in the mean time if will be spending sleepless nights waiting by the mailbox watching videos. Lol                              
Ok thats my rant for today. Oh and by the way  ive been super interested in programming and released a few apps so i will deffinatly take a look at the sdk and see what cool things i can produce.                              
Cant wait for my new quad!! I will be using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and overclocked
2015-7-19
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get your new P3 soon. The thing is a blast. You will definitely want at least one extra battery. There is plenty of info you might want to have a look at before your bird arrives. Check out the forum. Lots of good info and helpful people here.
2015-7-19
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations on your new new quad!
2015-7-19
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Cool, bet you get some awesome shots are Whistler
2015-7-19
Use props
jfan2803
lvl.1

United States

Congrats and if it arrives like mine did with software version 1.1.8,  DO NOT upgrade to the latest version until DJI gets their latest update cleaned up!  It's a great quad but has its quirks
2015-7-19
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

Congrats.  Yes you definitely should get some great shots in Whistler.  Just don't fly it from the Peak 2 Peak! hahaha.  Enjoy your new bird!   
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2015-7-20 11:05
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get your new P3 soon. The thing is a blast. You will definitely want  ...

Thanks! I already have a second battery on order
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

terrylewis Posted at 2015-7-20 11:06
Congratulations on your new new quad!

thank you!
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

jfan2803 Posted at 2015-7-20 11:14
Congrats and if it arrives like mine did with software version 1.1.8,  DO NOT upgrade to the latest  ...

thanks for the info, Ill wait for the version after 1.2.8
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

DMB2015 Posted at 2015-7-20 11:18
Congrats.  Yes you definitely should get some great shots in Whistler.  Just don't fly it from the P ...

haha thanks!
2015-7-19
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Congrates m8 some tips for your first flight> Go to a large open area no trees obstacles ect>leave it in beginner mode for your first couple of flights to get the feel of it>Don't have your mobile phone on you when calibrating the compass>An most importantly don't forget to hit the record button lol
2015-7-19
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

bastell Posted at 2015-7-20 11:39
Congrates m8 some tips for your first flight> Go to a large open area no trees obstacles ect>leave i ...

Actually when i said don't have your mobile phone on you when calibrating the compass I should have also mentioned to put your tab in flight mode kill the wifi ect
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

bastell Posted at 2015-7-20 11:44
Actually when i said don't have your mobile phone on you when calibrating the compass I should hav ...

ok thanks! So when i calibrate it, take it off the controller and away from everything (ie in my pocket) then turn on airplane mode then calibrate? or leave it on the controller in airplane mode and calibrate?
2015-7-19
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Michael M Posted at 2015-7-20 12:30
ok thanks! So when i calibrate it, take it off the controller and away from everything (ie in my p ...

I would just say don't have a phone in your pocket, or a watch on your wrist.

Other than that, calibrating at arms length while spinning your body over grass, dirt or even most types of paving you should be absolutely fine.

Learn to fly ATTI as soon as you can and you'll be sorted for full fledged adventure.

Have fun.
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-20 13:15

Other than that, ca ...

thank you for your advice. can you calibrate it by spinning it in two hands on its axis like in the pilot app diagram or does it have to be at arms length with you spinning around? hope that makes sense
2015-7-19
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Michael M Posted at 2015-7-20 13:27
thank you for your advice. can you calibrate it by spinning it in two hands on its axis like in th ...

Yeah you can do it either way. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

I myself find the body spin technique less awkward (to do, not to watch!) and seemingly less stressful on the gimbal.

They say you don't have to do it every time you fly, as long as you are in the general location you flew fine previously.
2015-7-19
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Australia

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-20 13:15

Other than that, ca ...

Exactly what i meant don't have a phone in your pocket and after you start up your tab kill all running aps before firing up the dji app then start the controller then bird start the dji app it will load the maps if it has a sim then after it does so then put it into plane mode.And make sure you take the gimbal guard of the camera.And of course you will be uber excited to get airborne but just take your time preparation is the key.Check your battery is inserted correctly and secure and that the black and grey dotted props are installed on there matching motor .Fire it up hover for thirty secs or so and run through all the controls you no left right forward back ect making sure its all working normally.Its always the first minute of flight that's the most critical and if somethings not right if your only a few meters of the ground it wont end badly.
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

bastell Posted at 2015-7-20 14:09
Exactly what i meant don't have a phone in your pocket and after you start up your tab kill all ru ...

Thanks so much for your advice!
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-20 13:52
Yeah you can do it either way. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

I myself find the body spin tec ...

Thanks for your help
2015-7-19
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Your going to love it!  I highly recommend reading the owners manual until you understand it.  If you don't you will most likely crash it or lose it..  Also I don't mind helping its long as it's something you can't find in the manual on your own, ya know..  But if you don't understand something in the manual or you think of a question it doesn't cover then feel free to post a thread...  So good luck! I wish you the best and happy flights!
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-20 15:20
Your going to love it!  I highly recommend reading the owners manual until you understand it.  If yo ...

haha thanks! im the kind that reads the manul front and back two times
2015-7-20
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Then you shouldn't have any issues, I do recommend waiting a month before updating its firmware and check on this forum to see if people are having issues with it first..  But that's with any companies firmware updates, not just dji
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules