Front navigation lights stay on !
1405 12 2021-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BASC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so been doing a bit of night flying with the Air 2s .one annoying thing is i can see a bit of pulsing on the video from the front green led navigation lights,now i thought when you was taking a pic or video these went out but looks like i am wrong, i did some testing tonight.yes whilst on the ground and no motors running if you snap a pic ot take video they do indeed turn off but as soon as the motors are running they do not turn of when you take pics or video.i have checked all the settings and i cannot see what i am doing wrong ,can someone please advise.i tried flying and on the floor but as soon as them motors start up them lights are on....
2021-5-25
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Thats just the way its supposed to be. EU rules makes mandatory for drones to have green light when flying at night. No way to turn off.
2021-5-25
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ok it seems strange that when the aircraft is on the ground with no motors running that they do indeed turn off when taking pics....i wonder if it is the same with the aircraft in the usa  ? anyone confirm please.
2021-5-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could just go illegal and tape over them temporarily..... just saying it's not like there is "no way".
2021-5-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

BASC Posted at 5-25 14:46
ok it seems strange that when the aircraft is on the ground with no motors running that they do indeed turn off when taking pics....i wonder if it is the same with the aircraft in the usa  ? anyone confirm please.

I don't own an MA2s. But my MA2 in the USA has red lights on the front and they do turn off when using the camera. The green lights in the rear do not turn off.
2021-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Black electrical tape is your friend.   
2021-5-25
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 5-25 18:40
I don't own an MA2s. But my MA2 in the USA has red lights on the front and they do turn off when using the camera. The green lights in the rear do not turn off.

thanks for that ,i have read also since that from 2022 all drones have to have a flashing green led on them at night so i wonder if they have changed this ready .
2021-5-25
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI please can we have this setting on the Air 2 s as the led on front legs show up on some night shots ,saves messing about with black tape....
2021-5-26
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ok so i am i a bit puzzled now i covered all 4 leds completely and on my night footage there is a pulsing still on the recordings any ideas ??
its just like there is a light flashing in the background.its more evident on my large sony hdr tv much less so on my small computer monitor.I am going to upload to youtube to see if its visible on there.
2021-5-26
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BASC Posted at 5-26 14:46
ok so i am i a bit puzzled now i covered all 4 leds completely and on my night footage there is a pulsing still on the recordings any ideas ??
its just like there is a light flashing in the background.its more evident on my large sony hdr tv much less so on my small computer monitor.I am going to upload to youtube to see if its visible on there.

Ok so i think i have solved the mystery.i could not replicate the pulsing/flashing on any device it only was evident on the large 4k TV,i tried 3 other screens all ok i tried my Samsung phone capable of 4k HDR nothing.....got me thinking was it something on my main TV the Sony.i went into some settings and enabled random noise reduction believe it was called .i have since not seen it ,i will leave all the led lights on tonight and got for a fly in the dark again to see if i am correct,i do hope so as swapping the drone is a PITA, ive only just put the decal girl skin on this last weekend as well.
2021-5-27
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

-> ... ive only just put the decal girl skin on this last weekend as well.

Pics or it didn't happen.
2021-5-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It can be seen at about 2.5Km at night... those leds are a complete overkill.

It should be a way to disable them on the app and or tune down the power.

Anyone wanting to get rid of them will just cut the cable or put some tape... so it's a shame not to have the option in the app, just like with the downside light.

PS: In the Mini  2 the green led can be seen at 700m, wich is more than enough.
2021-5-27
Use props
BASC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

FloridaNext Posted at 5-27 08:46
-> ... ive only just put the decal girl skin on this last weekend as well.

Pics or it didn't happen.

All good regards the flashing pulsing,it was the Sony tv after all,flew in the dark last night with all 4 leds uncovered and no flashing /pulsing on the footage.i would have put money on it being the leds ,just goes to show ,things are not always as they seem.
anyway pics on new decal girl skin,,,,nice and bright in case of long grass or tree searches....

20210528_165104 (Medium).jpg

20210528_165030 (Medium).jpg
20210528_165130 (Medium).jpg
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules