iPad Users Do Not Install 1.4.3 (heads up)
912 12 2021-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Fly App 1.4.3 for DJI Air 2S, DJI Mini 2, Mavic Mini, and Mavic Air 2, DJI FPV that fixes the missing iOS charging on phones but are causing problems to iPad users.

This is just a heads up in case you use that feature

2021-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info Henrik.  
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Henrik Olsen. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Please let us know what specific iPad you're using while filming the video and its specific iOS version. We would also need a screenshot of the "About" section of the DJI Fly and extract and upload the whole Log folder of the DJI Fly by connecting your iPad to a desktop/laptop. Kindly upload the log folder either in DropBox or GoogleDrive then share the link with us. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-5-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-26 23:48
Hi, Henrik Olsen. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Please let us know what specific iPad you're using while filming the video and its specific iOS version. We would also need a screenshot of the "About" section of the DJI Fly and extract and upload the whole Log folder of the DJI Fly by connecting your iPad to a desktop/laptop. Kindly upload the log folder either in DropBox or GoogleDrive then share the link with us. Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Here u go:

2021-5-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they will bring this back, but I heard they changed it on purpose.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you, Henrik. We would also need you to export and upload the whole DJI Fly log by connecting your iPad to a desktop/laptop. Kindly upload the log folder either in DropBox or GoogleDrive then share the link with us.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 5-27 23:04
I hope they will bring this back, but I heard they changed it on purpose.

We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:
1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.
2. The capacity of the new remote controller's built-in battery is larger, so the battery life of the remote controller while charging an iOS device can be up to 3 to 4 hours.
2021-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-28 05:42
We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:
1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.
2. The capacity of the new remote controller's built-in battery is larger, so the battery life of the remote controller while charging an iOS device can be up to 3 to 4 hours.

I'd like to be able to decide myself what happens
(so a switch is handy)
2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 5-28 06:16
I'd like to be able to decide myself what happens  
(so a switch is handy)

We appreciate your feedback about the recent changes. Unfortunately, there's no confirmation yet whether this option can be available again on future DJI Fly update but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly.
2021-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 00:17
We appreciate your feedback about the recent changes. Unfortunately, there's no confirmation yet whether this option can be available again on future DJI Fly update but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly.

Thanks for that!
2021-5-29
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Fly app (v1.4.3) charging function does not work with my Apple Mini iPad (5th gen) either.  Of course, DJI never claimed their DJI Fly App had any compatibility with the Apple Mini iPad (5th gen), so I guess it doesn't really matter.  But, I've used the Apple Mini iPad (5th gen) as my display device without ANY problems with both my Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 for lots of flights now.  The DJI Fly app works flawlessly in all other regards on the Mini iPad.
2021-5-30
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

it's not so easy... ipads ussualy require 2A@5V or more to charge. (10/12W wall charger, standard ipads, with new models able to charge even faster). it's same situation, when You try use it with old weak iphone wallcharger, or weak USB (1A@5V). IOS will give same message - ipad will not be charged.
which is not true, as it charge it, just way way slower... (leave unused ipad connected to weak usb ports take hours to charge, but it's possible)
if @same time an app would make unit power hungry (lot of computer power need) then it will use more power then it got delivered from those slow charging = % will go down anyway, just slower.

I think that electronics in remote is not best suited to higher power charging (it may damage/wear battery faster, also it would produce a lot of heat), DJI just limit power output on that connector. which is safer in long term. at last that would be my guess and explanation

but it'sa shame, they did remove this switch feature. as I would also like to decide do I want remote to charge my phone, or not. as it depends which one got more juice ;)

2021-6-2
Use props
Amoxitine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323586 ft
United Kingdom

I’m guessing that the smart controller is at best pushing out 1A max via the connector (but stand to be corrected as that is just a guess!) and therefore with any larger device attached such as an iPad (and in my case a mini 4) the best you will get is a reduction in the rate the remaining  iPad’s battery is being consumed when in use and only a full 2.1A supply with the screen on and the device running the Fly app would achieve a true charging state on the device.

I doubt that would ever change for the reasons KREMi says and that the controller wasn’t designed to cater for tablets per se, which is fine, just thought having it optional like it once was in pre v1.4.2 was always the best option for all concerned….but hey developers always seem to know what best for end users rather than the end users themselves
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules