RTH battery problem and quick shot problem
442 5 2021-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philh
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi
I took my drone  (DJI Mini 2) out for a flight today and had two problems.

1 I had a low battery warning (cant remeber how low it was but  I just checked it now as I am home and it read 14% so i presume it was higher than that )  and the drone was very close to its home point,  less than 10 meters away actaully. I noticed that when I clicked on the RTH/land icon on the left hand side,  only land came up but not RTH. Is this normal ? If not what can I do about it?

2 I tried quickshot, this was amazing when it worked, wow. But alas several times I was unable to select a target for it move around, and so it would not initiaite. Either tapping on it did not give a plus icon or drawing a box just didnt work, the green box popped up but just didnt seem to reigster . Any tips on what what to do ? This is a superb function and being a novice Id really like to use it.

2021-5-27
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

Hi, I think the RTH feature only works if you're more than 20mtrs from homepoint, so yes that's normal.

Not sure on your 2nd question.
2021-5-27
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

1) if the drone is within a circle of 20 meters of the homepoint position, it lands promptly instead of exactly returning to the homepoint.

2) at the beginning I sometimes have used the quickshots and also noticed, that sometimes I was not able to select the target, when the object was to small or the contrast between background and object was too "bad" (e.g dark). With normal / good conditions these problems should not occure.
2021-5-27
Use props
philh
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks , I guess the 20 meter thing makes sense.
2021-5-27
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

When the battery is under 10%, RTH is unavailable and only “land” drone is the available option, though if the battery is under 10% it will land the drone automatically (safety reasons) but you can still control it.
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, philh. Thanks for reaching out! Regarding your concerns, please refer to the following answers and suggestions.

1. Please be advised that only if the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point, the RTH can begin. It will return home at a horizontal speed of 10.5 m/s.

2. For the QuickShot issue, please confirm if it applies to all QuickShot modes. We suggest you change your subject to see if that helps. Should the problem continues, please land the aircraft, restart it, and do another test.
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules