Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN Spinning violently
8102 23 2015-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snark
New

Iceland

Hi,

We are having some issue with our Ronin. When we turn it on it starts spinning violently.
Here is a link to the video that shows the problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fj4kyb33ya31p1/Dji%20ronin%20problem.MOV?dl=0[size=12.8000001907349px]

Has anybody experiences the same or similar problem and knows about a solution?

best and thanks,
Oli

2015-7-20
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Try to reset it to default setting through APP or PC assistant software, if it does not help, please contact DJI support for repair http://www.dji.com/support
2015-7-20
Use props
fran_otero
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi! I have the same problem and i don't know what to do. Did you solved it? Thanks!
2015-9-27
Use props
russell
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here, haven't seen anything that comes close to a solution yet.
2015-9-28
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1614 ft
Canada

Same problem here.  Support hard to reach as well...
2015-9-28
Use props
Edward Martins
lvl.1

Kenya

I have the same problem
2015-9-29
Use props
Edward Martins
lvl.1

Kenya

info@514gt.com Posted at 2015-9-28 19:04
Same problem here.  Support hard to reach as well...

have you gotten any solution.
2015-10-1
Use props
Edward Martins
lvl.1

Kenya

hey snark it has been 2 months since you posted on this issue have you gotten any respond or solution
2015-10-1
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Denmark

Same problem here
2015-10-8
Use props
blackmagictim
lvl.1

United States

Link below fixes problem with wild spinning Wild Spin Fixed in 5 mins

http://gearjones.com/2015/10/04/ ... -magic-tim-youtube/
2015-10-14
Use props
blackmagictim
lvl.1

United States

http://gearjones.com/2015/10/04/ ... -magic-tim-youtube/
2015-10-14
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Denmark

blackmagictim Posted at 2015-10-15 01:34

http://gearjones.com/2015/10/ ...

That is the Ronin M, not the original Ronin.
2015-10-16
Use props
petro
New
Austria

I have the same problem and i don't know what to do.
2015-10-16
Use props
Edward Martins
lvl.1

Kenya

Hey so mine i was able to fill it  i sent it to dji china and the Run a diagnosis  since it was still under warranty the fixed it for free.  my issues was cables were cut it  might have a different issue
2015-12-21
Use props
salmen1197
lvl.1
Flight distance : 560341 ft
Fiji

the Ronin I use, recently started giving the same problem and we are local video production unit, and the Ronin is used day in day out. after reading and going thru the forum I was on the thinking that its a Hardware/Firmware issue with the IMU being corrupted, and was about to send it back for repairs (not under warranty any more so I would have had to pay for the repairs. but I increased my search to other forums for the solutions ( after seeing the video of @Black Magic Tim (Filmmaker), I tried doing the same on the Ronin and as it came out, the problem was damaged cable in the T joint. . but putting cable ties and making it work wasn't just as easy. So I opened up the panels where the cables were house and traced all the 6 cables in the wire lugs, and found one to be damaged. using another wire I directly soldered it to the pins and had it fixed. for the "T" joint to avoid any other wires to get damaged, I 3D printed a bracket and strapped it to the frames enclosing the joints. Problem was solved and no need to replace the IMU or the Ronin...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6qyr ... FLQCiLypKsU1ka?dl=0

2016-6-1
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

salmen1197@gmai Posted at 2016-6-1 19:26
the Ronin I use, recently started giving the same problem and we are local video production unit, an ...

Thanks for posting this, i'm an owner of the ronin-m and im scared that it could happen to me as well, can you give me some advise to prevent the cable from being broken? Is it when i fold the ronin to store it that it could get tense and brake itself?
2016-6-1
Use props
tylerbradberry
New

This is happening to me as well with the MX that I have had for only a month. There seems to be nobody addressing it on the company end. Has anyone had this resolved through DJI?
2016-10-25
Use props
tylerbradberry
New

tylerbradberry@ Posted at 2016-10-26 02:13
This is happening to me as well with the MX that I have had for only a month. There seems to be nobo ...

Hey guys, after tooling around with it for a few hours, I traced it back to a dusty GCU connection. Blew it out and everything is working back to normal.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

tylerbradberry@ Posted at 2016-10-26 02:38
Hey guys, after tooling around with it for a few hours, I traced it back to a dusty GCU connection ...

Good to hear you were able to get yourself up and running again.
2016-10-25
Use props
Brianhammster
lvl.1
United States

I figured out that mine was a bad yellow connection. I used a multimeter and checked resistance from the camera mount part and the bottom connection under the battery. Found that the connection was intermittent especially when I moved it around. So I cut it open and spliced in a new jump wire where it was bad. Works better then out of the box. And I have Sony F5 with Cp2 lenses balanced perfectly and no problems. No more spinning and freaking out.
I feel everyone should test the wire connections.
Anyways. My 2 cents.
2016-10-25
Use props
steve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277310 ft
United States

I've had this happen with the Zenmuse gimbals twice.

Both times it was a bad connection somewhere. Unplug each connection, check the pins, blow it out, reseat it carefully. At least that has worked for me.
2016-10-26
Use props
djiuser_T347ArehzMPu
New

Zambia

Help me my ronin it spinin
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_T347ArehzMPu
New

Zambia

Help to solve the problems when I used my ronin m for 6minutes motor it’s get hot and my ronin start spin then when I switch it off and I turn on it work then spin it again please help me people coz the have some project please I want to use my ronin m
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_jSuLujtRtFLU
lvl.1

Algeria

Hey i got an issue with my own ronin m that i bought from someone and. And he said that sometimes the gimbal starts spinning and yesterday it has stopped working properly, i have checked the part cable no 33 and the white wire was cut somewhere in the T part, I have no warranty and i live in algeria and there is no dji service repair shops or anywhere that i can fix it, so i have tried the zip ties on the T part and didn’t work than i stepped to do the repair for my self, i have cut the 3 cables that comes out of the T soldered a new cables, did check that they are not shorted or cut somewhere else, but did not work, after that i connected to my computer, Turned on motor kill switch after turning it on the g sensor was working, the motors position works on the live diagram, any idea or anything that i can do by myself to do cause i think its a software issue, could anyone help please ?
4-9 18:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules