Camera not recording despite recording status.
893 4 2015-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Well this is a new one...  Took my drone to cape cod this past week and suddenly the camera is deciding when it feels like actually recording video.  So I hit record in the app, the red dot is on and it says recording, run my flight, hit the record button to stop recording... business as usual.  Except that 50% of the time, no video was actually captured, much to my horror when I checked the card at the end of the week to watch some videos.  The worst part is that among the footage there were 3 key videos I was dying to see... 1 of the sunset at the beach, 1 of a bunch of seals playing in the water and I flew very low to capture them and finally, a video of some awesome fly-bys of a lighthouse, the dunes etc.  Well of these 3 videos, only the sunset video actually recorded to the card, the other 2 don't exist.  In addition, some other smaller videos didn't record, like my wife doing sand angels on the beach and a fly-over of a bike path.  I also did a quick video at the campground with a panoramic spin around the entire lot and again, never actually captured.

Any ideas what happened??  I am going to re-format the sd card and test later this week to see if it's still happening... unless I hear otherwise, looks like it needs to go to DJI.  This is a brand new camera and gimbal that I bought while mine was being repaired by DJI, so it looks like it's been doing this right out the gate.  All firmware and apps are updated to latest versions.

Anyone else heard of or experienced a similar issue?

Dan
2015-7-20
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

is this an original sd card or a replacement i ask as there are some cards that aren't fast enough to record to.
2015-7-20
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

If you have another sad card that is class 10 I would test with that. You can record without flying to test it at home. Do. A half a dozen or so  1-2 minute video and shoot a bunch of still to see if it takes. Only way to really test. If the the card your good to go if not... Support time.
2015-7-20
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Yep, going to reformat the card and test a new card and see if it still does it.  Btw, this is the same card I have been using with the drone since day 1.

Dan
2015-7-21
Use props
tommyking
New

United States

Did your issue get resolved?  I'm having similar problems.
2015-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules