How do you pack your Air 2S with the FMC bag?
4368 11 2021-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

So I just picked up the Air 2S FMC and was curious how you all pack your bag?  Here are some pics of how I am packing mine and was curious if this is how you all pack yours...

I have the drone where it should be, and I left in that cushioned insert for the gimbal to slot into so it sit snug in the back, and then on the right side of the bag I have the controller up front and behind it I have the 2 batteries followed by the power brick for charging and the 3 battery charger hub.  In the 2nd pic I have the 3rd battery on top of the first two, followed by the power cord for the charging hub and finally the ND filters...

2021-5-29
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

You were looking specifically for FMC bags, but I thought I'd just add mine as well. It's a LowePro Adventura, and it's just a tad more roomy that the FMC bag, with a few more pockets as well. I'm using my previous cell phone with the controller, so it's always attached and ready to go. The joy sticks stay on too. The drone sits in the foam cut-out that it came with.

2021-5-29
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

Thought I'd share my storage solution as well.  I'm using the Lowepro Tahoe BP 150 backpack and it seems like it was made for the Air 2S, 6 batteries, controller, all the charging cables/cords, and a landing pad.

2021-5-30
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-30 09:13
Thought I'd share my storage solution as well.  I'm using the Lowepro Tahoe BP 150 backpack and it seems like it was made for the Air 2S, 6 batteries, controller, all the charging cables/cords, and a landing pad.

[view_image]

Where did you get those battery bags?  Do they require those for travel?
2021-5-30
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

DGCA3 Posted at 5-30 17:40

I've traveled a bunch with my drone and I do not own those bags.  I think you need them if you plan on checking luggage that is going to reside in the underbelly of the plane, but if you just have a carry on, you can bring your drone on board as long as none of the batteries are actually connected to the drone.
2021-5-30
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

Parisi2274 Posted at 5-30 19:28
I've traveled a bunch with my drone and I do not own those bags.  I think you need them if you plan on checking luggage that is going to reside in the underbelly of the plane, but if you just have a carry on, you can bring your drone on board as long as none of the batteries are actually connected to the drone.

Thanks for the info.
2021-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like the M2 has the same bag (being way too big actually)
2021-5-31
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DGCA3 Posted at 5-30 17:40

I purchased them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don’t believe there is a requirement to have them when you carry-on. I purchased them for 2 reasons:
1. To keep the batteries from rubbing against each other in the backpack.
2. Out of an abundance of caution while having them in the house, just in case one does malfunction and has a meltdown.
2021-5-31
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-31 08:41
I purchased them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0894RNFW2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don’t believe there is a requirement to have them when you carry-on. I purchased them for 2 reasons:

Thanks for the link. What did you use to individually label them?
2021-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always pack the fMC bag the same way as DJI shipped it to me.
2021-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always have the gimbal up so that its not bouncing around on the gimbal guard.
2021-5-31
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

DGCA3 Posted at 5-31 22:39
Thanks for the link. What did you use to individually label them?

Also got the labels on Amazon as part of a package: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules