3043 2 2021-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jag M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 931549 ft
Poland

Hi,
I am a scuba diver and had been using DJI Pocket 2 with waterproof case in my diving up to 45 m. Here are my findings - camera gives very nice footage, low noice in comparizion to GoPro 9 and waretproof case is actually waterproof at least up to 45 m :-) So it would be a good choice for divers if not some problems that eventually makes the camera useless underwater for something more pro then snokering.

1. When camera is switched off underwater gimbal makes standards moves (to the left), the same as it does on sufrace. In the result it gets very otfen stuck in waterproof case. As the result if switched on it says "Gimbal protected, tap to resume". Nice one :-), hot to tap screen in waterproof case? Work around is to shake camera, hit it gentle with your palm.
2. I use PGYTECH filters (magenta, red), so when I have the problem mentioned above and hit the camera then filters usually get moved (removed) from the camera. No way to fix it underwater. Plus no way to remove or change filter during diving (GoPRO has filters on case, so easy to remove/change during dive).
3. When belowe 30-35 m camera stop working, there is only black screen. I guess that pressure makes keys on waterproof case touching camera all the time. When you are up back to 25 m camera starts working again.

So @DJI, please make software upgrade to make the product usable for diving:
- when waterproof case is on, do not "park" gimbal when camera is switched off. Or at least give such an option in settings
- do not show "tap to resume" message when using case, its useless underwater
- design next case generation to use filters that can be put on case itself instead of puting it on lenses.

Thanks

2021-5-30
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

And you are using Diving Mode when Pocket 2 is in the underwater case?

Sounds like you're using it like on land (without Diving Mode).
Here is manual:

2021-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jag M.Good day and thank for sharing theses information and for giving out your valued insight with us with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Osmo Pocket 2 and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2021-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules