Aftermarket Prop Adapters _Don't make the same mistake
918 2 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RyTRwzkz3wlt
lvl.1
United States

After Market Prop Adapters can fail easily and destroy your Drone.....

I bought a new Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and thought it would be a good idea to also order replacement blades and prop adapters. I went on Amazon and found the best price on the entire set for around 17.00 US.  Here is the Link for Reference (Amazon enter B08TRFMM4Q in the search)

I flew the Drone for 3 months daily on construction site missions without any issues and one day I made a simple mistake flying too close to an object that was thin and below the drone and it hit it. The drone caught a prop and broke it and the mount but there was little damage otherwise.

I was able to repair the minor damage and replaced the broken props and the adapters with the ones I had ordered. At the time I was glad that I had purchased them and got the drone back up in the air quickly. I did a couple of test flights and re-calibrated everything and was off running another mission. I was Flying in a straight line forward when all of a sudden I see the image start spinning and then I hear the drone spiraling to its death!
It hit the ground hard bending the legs and breaking the camera gimbal clean off. What I was supprised to see it that it was misssing one prop and I was not able to find it after much searching. Later I looked at the Prop mount and noticed that the plastic tabs had sheared off.  I also realized the this was one of the new prop adapters that I had just replaced.

I took the other props off and found that the other prop adapter that I had replaced was also cracked and broke when I removed the blade. The 2 original adapters were still perfect.

Long story short, I took a closer look at the design of the cheap knock off adapters and found that they were noticably different that the originals.

See attached picture:

Hopefully this helps someone not make the same mistake I made.

I wish that I had been warned and I know that this is not covered by DJI so I won't even try . They make a fantastic product and I highly recomend it to anyone who is interested in flying!

Cheap Mounts.jpg
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this experience and information with us. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories / modifications will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory or modifications if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage and void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-6-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now