White dot under the lens glass on my new Pocket 2
341 3 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peynir6suyutozu
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi all,

Last week I bought a Pocket 2, and have been using it. I realized that there is a white dot, but under the lens glass. I think it exists from the beginning. I asked the shop where I bought it, and they confirmed that it is under the glass, but they told me it is not on the focal so no need to worry about it.

I also had a chat with DJI support. They asked me to send the product to them and it will be investigated at the factory, but I really don't want that. I don't want to wait because it is a new device.

Is it just bad luck? Should I worry about it?

IMG_3701 2.jpg
Best Regards

2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there peynir6suyutozu. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. If the said white dot on the lens of your new DJI Pocket is affecting the performance and usage of your DJI Pocket 2. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. We have a team that will do there best to check the said DJI camera and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing or cleaning the said DJI camera to avoid damaging the said unit and voiding the said warranty of the said DJI cameraas well. Thank you.
2021-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Appears to be 2 choices.  1 - send it in and let the factory check it out or 2 - live with it.  Personally, I'd send it in and hope to have it repaired or replaced.  Your call.
2021-6-3
Use props
peynir6suyutozu
lvl.2
Netherlands

I'd want to send it to the service, but wonder how long it takes in total. (I'm from Netherlands)
I don't want to wait 3-4 weeks. I will go abroad for 2 months in 3 weeks already.My doubt is they will send it back the product without doing anything (by saying it is normal or user fault?) and I will lose several weeks without the product.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules