Vision sensor calibration
2544 3 2021-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gifted0n3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87454 ft
South Africa

hi all. i am a reseller of dji products in south africa. i also offer the service to my clients to do product setup for them. once they have made a purchase i would open the box with their permission and do the firmware updates on the drone the controller and all the batteries. Then before activating the drone i would calibrate the imu the vision sensor and also do a compass calibration. then a 1st flight is done to ensure that all calibrations was successfull and that the drone operates as it should. if any issues are found i as reseller send it back to my supplier as an out of box failure and needs to be exchanged.  this past week is have sold 7 mavic air 2 and 3 air 2S's as well as 4 enterprise duals. with all 14 of these drones i could not calibrate the vision sensors once. i contacted online product support to see if there is a quick solution or if there is something i did wrong but support was no help at all. they told me that there is something wrong with the drone. the more i tell the operator on the other side so what he is implying all 14 drones i sold this past week was faulty and all had exactly the same issue.

dji assistant 2 for mavic gives an error stating that the moment i want to calibrate the vision sensors on three different models there is an aircraft movement error. it restarts the calibration and simply will not calibrate the vision sensors. now i have been selling dji drones now for 6  years and effectively repaired dozens of drone in the past 4 year. out of warrentee i might add, successfully. never had any issues like this. as this is a first i tried speaking to support online but with no luck.

can any one here give light on the issue as i honestly thing the issue is with the dji assistant 2 for mavic software. and yes i have tried it on mac os and windows. nothing works. basically i can only use the dji assistant 2 for mavic to do a firmware update. you can not calibrate vision sensor with the controller.

any help will be much appreciated otherwise i need to return 14 drones at once to dji.

aircraft movement error

aircraft movement error
2021-6-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is extremely unlikely that you have got the same problem on 14 drones of different types. Have you tried with a different monitor, as the screen resolution can often be an issue.
2021-6-1
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

sensor vision should not necessary for calibration?
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gifted0n3. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may give a try to change the resolution of your screen for your reference you may take a look at this information. It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). Thank you.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules