Control flight of mavic mini 2 drone from linux computer
5660 5 2021-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddwinpaz
lvl.1

Chile

Currently, I'm on the research of how to get Mavic mini 2 drone, working with my Ubuntu Linux machine. I would like to control the dron eusing

W,A,S,D Keyboard keys. as Well Read Camera Stream and other sensor information such as altitude, etc. Currently have no Idea where to start, And all information found from it is based on tello drone. Wich is not the drone I Just bought. Thanks for any help in advance.

2021-6-2
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

First off, you would need to run an android "sandbox", like "Bluestacks" to run the Go4 app, or go fly app in a windows mode.
Now as to the actual "control" of said drone using the wasd keys...not sure if that would work.
Now as to legality (at least in the  here States) more than likely, highly illegal according to the FAA.
Your country, dunno.

Maybe start here:
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... i+drone+with+umbutu

2021-6-2
Use props
eddwinpaz
lvl.1

Chile

Flycaster Posted at 6-2 08:52
First off, you would need to run an android "sandbox", like "Bluestacks" to run the Go4 app, or go fly app in a windows mode.
Now as to the actual "control" of said drone using the wasd keys...not sure if that would work.
Now as to legality (at least in the  here States) more than likely, highly illegal according to the FAA.

What I'm trying to do is.  Enable the DJI to do travel different points at a specific time lets say. 12PM I want the drone to lift off and do a travel over a private perimeter area. and after it ends up the travel upload the video on amazon web services for further review. I need to be able to send commands so the drone to move from the computer and not from a phone. mobile SDK just don't works out for me.

Saw this video official DJI channel on youtube and demonstrates the same that I want to do. "Send flight commands to DJI Drone over Web" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uy7j_3oTQA

2021-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there eddwinpaz. Good day and thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to use the DJI Fly application installed on a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and use the DJI Mini 2 remote controller for you to be able to fly and control the said DJI Drone. Thank you.
2021-6-2
Use props
eddwinpaz
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 20:02
Hello there eddwinpaz. Good day and thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to use the DJI Fly application installed on a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and use the DJI Mini 2 remote controller for you to be able to fly and control the said DJI Drone. Thank you.

Well just find out that I need to make my drone from scratch. Just bought everything needed for the project. DJI is like Apple in some way. very nice but closed source. I find out how to do it using hawk and arduino Will use DJI mini 2 to take nice videos XD loool.
2021-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you looked on the developer forum. - https://forum.dji.com/forum-139-1.html?from=developer
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules