3080 9 2021-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davecotter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469 ft
United States

I love my DJI FPV, friggin' rocks.

But the goggles man, what happened? I can get sharp focus in the center, but the edges of the screen are so blurry i can't read any HUD info. i can slide the little knobs to the left to focus on the left, but then center is blurry and right is just crazy blurry.  is this expected?  is there some optics upgrade or better goggles?

2021-6-4
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

yeah, I have two sets of the goggles and they're both like that. To me, that's just one of the compromises of such a wide FOV. What I do is wear a pair of weak reading glasses (+ 1.25 diopter) which gives the most acceptable combination. I get good focus in the middle and just tolerate some blur on the edges. But not so bad that I can't read the telemetry. The other option is to set the view to 4:3 which will pull the sides of the image in a bit.... Not much else that you can do about it, unfortunately.
2021-6-4
Use props
davecotter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469 ft
United States

Okay, i'll try the reading glasses trick. i'm just surprised they put together this amazing feat of engineering then skimped on the optics. it's a solvable problem. oh well.
2021-6-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

davecotter Posted at 6-4 11:42
Okay, i'll try the reading glasses trick. i'm just surprised they put together this amazing feat of engineering then skimped on the optics. it's a solvable problem. oh well.

I've experienced the same observations and disappointments.
The FPV drone is really cool and the video quality is amazing but the screen appears out of focus at the edges.
2021-6-4
Use props
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

I wear the goggles a little higher on my noggin, and it seems t help clear up the edges. Agreed, it could be better.
2021-6-4
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had the same issue with the Goggles RE and White Goggles. DJI eventually made long vision (Reading Glasses) diopters to fit and then all was good. maybe they will do the same for these.

2021-6-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny enuf I have terrible myopia yer the DJI FPV V1and V2 are fully compatible with my eyes, no correction neededI find the levers that adjust the width at the bottom of the lenses work best for me when I make them somewhat "crosseyed" or rather centered this way even the sides are visible and clear. It also helps when you have the sponge faceplates, they seem to put your eyes at a better distance. Goggles so expensive should come from factory with at least simple diapers akin to the ones used on modern DSLR and Mirrorless photo cameras so they are adjustable to anyone's sight, I just got very lucky as the REs and white goggles are no good forme unless I wear reading glasses.
2021-6-6
Use props
fans1c3d0833
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092070 ft
United States

I noticed the same bad focus initially. Then I discovered that it's due to the original eye cover from DJI being too thick (at least for me). You can try to remove it entirely and then carefully bring your eyes closer to the goggle and moving it laterally relative to your eyes to find the best position. For me, I eventually modified an aftermarket eye cover (aesthetically questionable) that fits my head and I could get much better image quality (focus) corner to corner. But I still need to position the goggle careful each time I put it on to obtain optimal quality (focus). It requires some patience to find the sweet spot.

QQ截图20210609004737.jpg
2021-6-8
Use props
fans13dd098b
lvl.3

Slovakia

fans1c3d0833 Posted at 2021-6-8 21:46
I noticed the same bad focus initially. Then I discovered that it's due to the original eye cover from DJI being too thick (at least for me). You can try to remove it entirely and then carefully bring your eyes closer to the goggle and moving it laterally relative to your eyes to find the best position. For me, I eventually modified an aftermarket eye cover (aesthetically questionable) that fits my head and I could get much better image quality (focus) corner to corner. But I still need to position the goggle careful each time I put it on to obtain optimal quality (focus). It requires some patience to find the sweet spot.

Yes, I found out the same. Removed the face pad and moved the goggles closer to my face and Wuala, I found perfect image. The solution could be the Chinese foam pad or maybe someone finds out how to move the lenses closer to the eyes.
2023-1-11
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111703 ft
Netherlands

Same here, hope they can fix it, See:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=288119
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules