Still no Smart Controller support DJI are you serious?
783 14 2021-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dont know what to say … its so sad
2021-6-6
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In April I purchased a DJI Mini 2 thinking that it could not possibly be long now until they add the support for it so I can use my Smart Controller... silly me, lesson learned.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlyRacer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Currently, we only have the DJI Mavic 2 Series and the DJI Mavic Air 2 drones which are compatible with the DJI Smart Remote Controller and as of the moment the DJI Mini 2 is not compatible with the DJI Smart Controller. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest DJI Mini 2 and DJI Remote Controller updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont recall DJI ever advertising that the smart controller would be updated to support the mini2?
2021-6-7
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 00:31
I dont recall DJI ever advertising that the smart controller would be updated to support the mini2?

No, of course DJI didn't say that and none of the posts above said or even alluded to that but it is not unreasonable for a person to assume it would be supported at some point in time as the drone also uses occusync 2.0 technology. We can only hope.

2021-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matite Posted at 6-7 02:33
No, of course DJI didn't say that and none of the posts above said or even alluded to that but it is not unreasonable for a person to assume it would be supported at some point in time as the drone also uses occusync 2.0 technology. We can only hope.

No SDK support either but as other drones have it we should assume that too I guess.  
2021-6-7
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 06:11
No SDK support either but as other drones have it we should assume that too I guess.

Seriously man... I'm not sure why you are trying to be a smart ass about this issue but all we hoping for is Smart Controller support for the Mini 2. I am not looking for a useless internet troll fight with you over stupid stuff.

There are other big threads about this request too. Also, you can see above the DJI rep neither confirms or denies support will ever happen (i.e. the usual reply).
2021-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matite Posted at 6-8 02:53
Seriously man... I'm not sure why you are trying to be a smart ass about this issue but all we hoping for is Smart Controller support for the Mini 2. I am not looking for a useless internet troll fight with you over stupid stuff.

There are other big threads about this request too. Also, you can see above the DJI rep neither confirms or denies support will ever happen (i.e. the usual reply).

Sorry didnt mean for you to think I was trolling.   my point was simply unless they announce it dont expect it.   The smart controller was launched for the Mavic 2 series,   it was never said they would add new drones going forward.
2021-6-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-8 10:26
Sorry didnt mean for you to think I was trolling.   my point was simply unless they announce it dont expect it.   The smart controller was launched for the Mavic 2 series,   it was never said they would add new drones going forward.

but they promised. /s
2021-6-8
Use props
multimed
New

France

Hello, I'm waiting for a Smart Controller update in order to have my DJI Mini 2 working with it
and also for DJI to keep in line with the description they made for their Smart Controller :
" it must works for Mavic 2 and any other drone equiped with OcuSync 2.0 "
See the screenshot attached.
DJI Mini 2  is  on OcuSync 2.0  transmisssion video system so ....... !

Thanks for your help. I hope this will be soon !
2021-6-11
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

It appears that said Smart Controller support will not be made available for said Mini 2 drone for DJi's said customers.
2021-6-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

for those that don't work behind the scenes, sometimes it takes a little bit more than just "making teh connection."  a certain amount of quality control must be achieved before the product is approved to be released.  ok so we got it to connect and fly the drone but sometimes it loses the connection for no apparent reason.  or, sometimes when it loses connection at close range, it won't regain the connection.  or, when it loses the connection, it does not trigger the automatic rth functions,  or maybe all the functions don't seem to work or are somewhat inaccurate.  at times, the commands are delayed or unacceptably slow....it could be a number of things why occusync on the sc and occusync on the mini don't play well together.  so what would you do?  would you release the sw update to sc regardless if it works well or not?
2021-6-11
Use props
multimed
New

France

Thank you "The Saint" for your reply full of common sense which we fully understand but can you tell us if the effort continues
to achieve the goal that interests us, namely, the use of the Smart controller that we have purchased to control more pleasantly our DJI Mini 2.

In other words, is there a will and are the means mobilized to resolve this technical compatibility problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help and collaboration.
2021-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You got it now, I suppose all good things come to those who wait…
2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

We lived to see it.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules