DJI Mini 2 estimating repair for cracked front left arm
1928 1 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IanM85
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Unfortunately I crashed my drone into a tree and I am considering having DJI do the repair. However, before doing so I wanted to get an estimate of how much the repair will cost so I can compare it to other options. I have spoken with DJI and they have referred me to this link which details the cost of certain parts:

Repair parts price check (dji.com)

But it doesn’t detail the labour costs or the cost of the part that needs replacing which is the front left propeller arm so it’s not much use.

Does anyone have experience of sending this type of repair to DJI? I would like to get a rough idea of the cost? I understand it would be an estimate as other parts may end up need replacing. I am happy to pay just over £100 as they perform a diagnostic on the drone to check for other issues but if they are going to quote £200+ I would prefer to buy the parts online for £30 and attempt the repair myself.  Alternatively I am considering buying the new basic drone package less 10% discount and some DJI credit for about £370, then I intend to switch the broken drone for the new one and resell the spares and broken drone an Ebay with details of the damage (people seem to pay £150-200 for them).

Thanks

Ian

2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ian, I am sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your drone. For the exact repair price, we may need to receive the drone and manage a damage assessment first. The Labour fee also be determined after damage assessment. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules