Warranty issues EU/BE/NL
608 3 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GFNREib0Qjaf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326325 ft
Belgium

I purchased a brand new DJI AIR 2S combo directly from DJI website in addition also DJI Care. After 2 days received the drone. After a few days, on a sunny day, I took it to an empty field to test it. Safety check before the flight, GPS, sensors calibration, all normal no issues. After 8 minutes of the flight, on an empty field, left/right turns on the controller sticks - no response from the drone. Tried a few times the same, nothing. Did automatic RTH procedure, it worked, got the drone back to land. Checked the flight logs, all recorded. Contacted DJI support, explained what happened agreed to send the drone back for replacement under warranty since it was (within the 15 days period) only a few days from purchase. Sent the drone back for replacement - all smooth and after few days received back... my old drone with a label "Tested OK". Contacting support again and asking what was tested exactly and why I did not receive a replacement, and explaining to them all over that this is not a repair nor DJI Care but replacement under warranty. That this is air safety-related, it is a defect encountered in mid-flight, has a log to prove it. Again agreed that warranty time and conditions met so a new case opened for replacement. Sent it back to support under the same address they gave me before (in NL) and received confirmation that I will get my replacement soon. Waited a few days, got UPS delivery, opened the box and... found my old drone with yet another label from service "Tested OK". This time, I also received a phone message that they will assist me with "troubleshooting steps" for which I should contact them via the website. I did contact DJI support, again went through the same, explaining yet another time that I should get my replacement under warranty as it was agreed in the first place and subsequently last time, and asked what has changed since then? Did not receive an answer why my customer right under warranty is neglected. Got promise to be contacted by a manager. So here we are 1 month after the original request for replacement under warranty, explaining yet another time the defect and the warranty. Does anyone else has had such issues with DJI in NL? Should I do something else with this? Any advice?
2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We're truly sorry for the trouble.  I was able to pull up your case number (CAS) using your DJI Forum account. Upon checking, our team had set-up a call back as per your request. We'll urge the team designated to further assist. Thank you in advance for your patience. Regarding your feedback about the reason for the drone not turning left and right, please check if you have disabled sideway flight under Flight Assistance. If so, the drone will not respond to your left and right control under Flight Assistance mode. 111.png
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_GFNREib0Qjaf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326325 ft
Belgium

I tested the drone in the field, also following the troubleshooting steps you sent to me.
I did not encounter the issue again - all went well.

I checked the settings of APAS - the "Disable sideways flight" option was not activated. However, after following the troubleshooting steps from you and enabling the "Bypass" in "Settings - Safety" as well as entering into FPV mode directly from the live view screen using the shortcut, I noticed how easy it is to trigger the "Disable sideways flight" function, even unintentionally. Thank you and your team for bringing this to my attention.

I am happy with the test result, and once more, thank you for your support.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_GFNREib0Qjaf Posted at 7-8 22:56
I tested the drone in the field, also following the troubleshooting steps you sent to me.
I did not encounter the issue again - all went well.

Yes, triggering APAS flight directly from the left side of the live view screen will also enable this feature. Sorry again for the trouble you encountered.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2021-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules