DJI Mini 2 battery won't power on drone but powers everything else
1419 5 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ExtraGloves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19537 ft
United States

So I've got a weird problem.  I bought the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Pack back in December.  I have three batteries.  I use one the most but honestly its been used for maybe 20 flights in the past 6 months.  I always keep them charged at 75% when not using.  I always charge using the 3 battery charger pack from the fly more pack. Nothing has ever happened to the drone everything has been perfect.  Here is my weird issue.

The battery is charged.  I put it in the Mini 2 and press the button and the 3 lights light up (I have it charged at 75%). I go to turn it on and nothing happens.  Click it once and long hold and it does not power on.  My two other batteries work fine everything turns on.  My weird battery, when plugged into the charger, can charge my phone, and power on my USB lights.  Literally, everything is normal and the battery works except when in the mini 2.

What can be the problem?  Do I need to update the battery somehow?  Can I reset the battery?  It's very strange.  Again the battery is charged, can charge my phone, and can power things when plugged into the power bank.  When inserted in my drone the bottom lights come on but the 2nd button press doesn't power on.  All other batteries work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Also if this battery is dead somehow does DJI cover them since they're so new?
2021-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ExtraGloves. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-6-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

sometimes i also have such problem.
I press short then long the button and mini2 won't power on. I don't hear the sound.
2nd attempt, still nothing. I remove/reinsert the battery and then finally i can start the drone.
Battery is brand new, with less than 10 start.
2021-6-7
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

sometimes i also have such problem.
I press short then long the button, and mini2 wont power on. I dont hear the sound.
2 nd attempt, still nothing. I remove/reinsert the battery, and the finally i can start the drone.
My battery is brand new, with less than 10 start.
2021-6-7
Use props
ExtraGloves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19537 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-7 18:49
Hello there ExtraGloves. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

So I ended up solving it.  I charged the battery fully and it still wasn't working, but it seemed that I was almost double-clicking the button too fast?

What is weird is that I have been doing this for a while and never an issue.  It's almost like one battery I have to press the button, wait for half a second, and then hold it, while with my other batteries I can basically double click quickly and hold to turn it on.  

Its odd because it's not like I've been doing anything different in the past 6 months.  Can anything cause the timing on a battery to turn on to change?
2021-6-8
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Did the battery require a firmware upgrade once in the drone?
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules