Cannot Find Hex Key to fit quick release plate locks
1853 3 2021-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EthanC
New
United States

I need to make some adjustments to the hex screws that hold the quick release plate in place. One (circled in the picture below) is too tight, and the other (hidden) is too loose where the whole system slides freely along the tilt arm even when in the locked position. I've looked everywhere but can't find any documentation that tells me what the key size is for this screw. Many forums have said it's a T6, a 1/16, a 1.6mm, or a 1.7mm but none of these fit properly. Has anyone had this issue and have you figured it out?
Gimbal locks.jpg
2021-6-7
Use props
Bluebuilder
lvl.1
United States

It's an H1.5 alan key.  They are also fixed with a screw adhesive, so you will probably strip the head if you don't heat it up with a butane or propane micro torch first.  I suggest taking the plates completely off the gimbal first before attempting this fix.

Honestly, it's a real headscratcher why they don't set the levers so that they can completely close on the plate, instead they stick out and catch on cables.  

2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_NNkT1Jn5Cmm7
New

United Kingdom

I have a similar problem but unfortunately my safety lock is loose and the thread has been stripped. Can you but the screws? Right now my Quick Release late can just slide around so the gimbal is useless. Please help!
2021-7-30
Use props
djiuser_UsTGrfBpv0fl
New

United States

djiuser_NNkT1Jn5Cmm7 Posted at 2021-7-30 09:36
I have a similar problem but unfortunately my safety lock is loose and the thread has been stripped. Can you but the screws? Right now my Quick Release late can just slide around so the gimbal is useless. Please help!

I am having the same problem! What was your fix? Thank you
2023-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules