Compatible devices
601 8 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to come at this subject again. I know there is no fix i'm just desperate to try and resolve my issue.

Just looking at DJI's list of accepted devices for DJIGO4 I notice that the most recent Samsung phone they say is supported is the S9 series. Those phones were released 3 + years ago!>?

Which is a very very long time in terms of tech.

Also i want to add that the Samsung S10 is a functional device with the Mavic 2 Pro and is a year newer than the list of devices. So from that it seems clear that DJI will not be adding the S21 to their list of accepted devices as they haven't upgraded it to any of the previous Samsung Galaxy or other android devices in over 3 years!!!

So, I assume they are just awaiting the release of your next Mavic before any modern device owners can fly again?!
I assume now my only option is to sell my MAvic 2 Pro and use another manufacturer? Oh or buy a 4 year old device for around £100........

2021-6-8
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Go 4 app works with almost all phones as it doesn't require 64 bit Android like the Fly App does.  The Go 4 App is only for legacy drones, which may be why they're not updating the list of phones listed to work with, but will work on most phones.  Go to DJI.com/downloads and download it manually; it will work fine for you.

2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WildWillGreen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for these information that you have given. The DJI Go 4 application is only compatible with the DJI Mavic Series, DJI Spark, DJI Phantom 4 series drones and more. In addition rest assure that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.
2021-6-8
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 6-8 02:59
The Go 4 app works with almost all phones as it doesn't require 64 bit Android like the Fly App does.  The Go 4 App is only for legacy drones, which may be why they're not updating the list of phones listed to work with, but will work on most phones.  Go to DJI.com/downloads and download it manually; it will work fine for you.

Hi mate,
I'm confused by this. Do you have a samsung s21? That doesn't work at all for me. In fact the opposite, my dji mini2 flies with my samsung s21 my mavic 2 does not!>
2021-6-9
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WildWillGreen Posted at 6-9 00:47
Hi mate,
I'm confused by this. Do you have a samsung s21? That doesn't work at all for me. In fact the opposite, my dji mini2 flies with my samsung s21 my mavic 2 does not!>

So you're saying that you can run the Fly App fine, to fly the mini, but you cannot install or run the Go 4 App for the Mavic 2 Pro?  You've downloaded the Go 4 App from DJI.com/downloads?

Ian
2021-6-9
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 6-9 03:04
So you're saying that you can run the Fly App fine, to fly the mini, but you cannot install or run the Go 4 App for the Mavic 2 Pro?  You've downloaded the Go 4 App from DJI.com/downloads?

Ian

YUp spot on mate that's exactly it. I only ever download it from appstore but i will try this of course. I would assume it would be the exact same app but I will like I say give this a go. Just be surprised if it's this easy to fix bearing in mind how many others are struggling with this same issue.....
2021-6-9
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 21:57
Hello there WildWillGreen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for these information that you have given. The DJI Go 4 application is only compatible with the DJI Mavic Series, DJI Spark, DJI Phantom 4 series drones and more. In addition rest assure that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

Yes i am fully aware of that been using it for 4 years!! Why is the mini2 working and my mavic 2 does noT!?!?! I'm not exactly expecting any updates tbh........
2021-6-9
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WildWillGreen Posted at 6-9 03:32
YUp spot on mate that's exactly it. I only ever download it from appstore but i will try this of course. I would assume it would be the exact same app but I will like I say give this a go. Just be surprised if it's this easy to fix bearing in mind how many others are struggling with this same issue.....

It should work.  Remember it's only available in the official app store if it's confirmed and tested against that particular model, otherwise Google won't allow it in the app store for that model.  But, it will almost certainly work.  Download, enable your phone to run apps from outside the app store and then it should install and run fine.  
2021-6-9
Use props
WildWillGreen
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 6-9 10:18
It should work.  Remember it's only available in the official app store if it's confirmed and tested against that particular model, otherwise Google won't allow it in the app store for that model.  But, it will almost certainly work.  Download, enable your phone to run apps from outside the app store and then it should install and run fine.

Hi mate,

So just did exactly as you said and I can confirm the exact same video transmission issued occured and I could not fly, well I could fly without video connection and no capability of capturing images or video and the drone just wants to return to home. So sadly absolutely no difference with this method at all.
Have you got a samsung s21 and this has fixed your issue?
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules