What should I beware of when buying a replacement Mini 2 drone?
482 7 2021-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmarquez93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Canada

Hello, I am on a tight budget & thinking of buying a Mini 2 complete body only without battery, remote or any other accessories, through our local Craigslist.  Person selling crashed his drone & got this as a replacement.  What should I beware of before purchasing.  I can obtain the remote, battery & charger locally.

What should I be watching out for?  Activation?  Can I buy DJI Care Refresh?

Thanks in advance!
2021-6-8
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

What country is the drone specified for? If he crashed a drone and this is the replacement why is he not selling the RC, etc.? I would be a bit cautious!
2021-6-8
Use props
mmarquez93
lvl.2
Canada

videoeditman Posted at 6-8 12:26
What country is the drone specified for? If he crashed a drone and this is the replacement why is he not selling the RC, etc.? I would be a bit cautious!

I think he is selling it separately on eBay to maximize his return
2021-6-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a used basic Mini kit (drone, controller, 1 battery, parts, box) on eBay about 1 year ago. It looked perfect and flew perfectly. The only reason I believed it was used was because it was already activated. The battery showed only one charge. 5 months later the front two motors locked up just before takeoff due to tiny metal particles inside. Coincidence...maybe. Or maybe it was water damage or a collision taking it's time to appear. I replaced both front arms and motors and it still works fine today. I would at least turn all four motors by hand and back away if there is any unusual sticking. Slight resistance is normal.

As for the seller maximizing his prices, are you not doing just the same by separating the purchases?
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there,  you may need to confirm with the reseller if he got the replacement drone from DJI Care Refresh, or if his drone had bound to DJI Care Refresh service. If yes, you are not able to purchase DJI Care Refresh again. But if it still got balance, you can use it within the validity period, as DJI Care Refresh follows the drone instead of the user.
If the drone had never bound to the DJI Care Refresh service, you can purchase this service for it.
2021-6-8
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

You will be better of waiting and saving because you are gonna need the extra batteries and the three bank charger.
I was I. The same situation and by the time you buy everything your close to a new one and you actually know what you actually have.
I want a back up but it will have to be a super deal. If I can’t fly it I won’t buy it.
2021-6-8
Use props
mmarquez93
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you ALL for your great advice!!!
2021-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be worth waiting a few weeks for the MiniSE to come out,  thats rumoured to be more budget friendly.
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules