Geozone Unlocking Problem (Problem Resolved)
1593 5 2021-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hi. I have all the latest updates and firmware versions installed on all my Mavic Air 2 drone apparatus. I have done this process a multitude of times but something changed today. When I go to the DJI self unlocking page and go through the process to unlock an area I wish to fly all seems normal. However when I connect to the drone with my tablet and controller and go into the DJI Fly app and go to the Safety tab and then down to "Unlock Geozone" it says there are "no unlocking licenses" to download to the drone. I've never had this happen before. If I now go out to the area where an unlock code on the drone used to be required and try to fly it I don't know if it will allow me to take off. I'll guess I'll find out. Anybody have any ideas about why it says there are no authorization zones to unlock even though I did unlock some zones on the DJI Self Unlock page? Thanks very much for any input.
2021-6-9
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

Hi. I just e-mailed DJI Support so we'll see what they say. Earlier I called DJI support and talked to someone who offered no help.
2021-6-9
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

Magicdroner Posted at 6-9 09:58
Hi. I just e-mailed DJI Support so we'll see what they say. Earlier I called DJI support and talked to someone who offered no help.

Hi. I took the drone out this afternoon to one of my favorite areas which used to require a geozone unlocking and it allowed me to fly!  I was happy. It gave me a prompt (as it always used to) about flying in a enhanced authorization zone which requires me to check a box and acknowledge the warning. It still begs the question as to why the authorization code wasn't able to downloaded to the drone. By the way the area I flew in is within 3 miles of the local airport.
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for your issue, regarding your case, our flysafe team had just replied to your email. Please check the email and reply accordingly, thank you very much.
2021-6-9
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-9 19:01
Hi there, I am sorry for your issue, regarding your case, our flysafe team had just replied to your email. Please check the email and reply accordingly, thank you very much.

Greetings. I found out the remedy to this problem detailed above. I recently purchased a DJI Osmo Action and when I went to register it for some reason I had to create a new DJI account password. This evening I uninstalled the DJI Fly app from my Apple Mini 5 tablet and then reinstalled it. When setting that up I used my new DJI account password and it successfully logged me in.
I then went to the Safety tab on the DJI Fly app while running the drone, controller, and tablet and went to Unlock Geozone. Voila! There were now the authorization unlock codes present to be able to download to the drone. I feel confident that this unlocking problem has been put to bed. Great Flying To All and to all a great night!
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Magicdroner Posted at 6-9 22:32
Greetings. I found out the remedy to this problem detailed above. I recently purchased a DJI Osmo Action and when I went to register it for some reason I had to create a new DJI account password. This evening I uninstalled the DJI Fly app from my Apple Mini 5 tablet and then reinstalled it. When setting that up I used my new DJI account password and it successfully logged me in.
I then went to the Safety tab on the DJI Fly app while running the drone, controller, and tablet and went to Unlock Geozone. Voila! There were now the authorization unlock codes present to be able to download to the drone. I feel confident that this unlocking problem has been put to bed. Great Flying To All and to all a great night!

Hi, thank you for your update and it is great to hear that you had worked it out. Thank you for sharing your solution as well. Happy and safe flying.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules