Linking Controller with P2
880 6 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter.p.marshal
lvl.1

Canada

Greetings

I am getting extremely frustrated with my recently purchased P2 with the Zenmuse gimbal and Hero 4.  When I power on the units the controller rarely connects with the Phantom.  I have tried linking the two units many, many times and only on the odd occassion does this work (light turns green) and usually reverts to a red light in short order.  The Phantom just sits there with rapid yellow lights flashing on the rear wings.

The few times that things did seem to work,  the copter would take off but after a few minutes go into RTH mode and come back, shut down and refuse to start up again.

I have only limited functions in the Assistant software when connected.

Starting to think I may have a controller problem?

Have had it out numerous times and only on a few occassions did it indicate satellite connection and flew properly for a short period of time.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
2015-7-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Yep rapid yellow light indicate controller signal lost. You didn't say if this was a used unit, refurbished , new or what? What controller do you have does it use batteries or is it rechargeable through USB.. When you turn on the controller do you get any beeps or lights?When you hook to the assistant can you go to the RC tab and when you move the sticks do you see any responce. Give us a little more info. What the assistance can't see.
2015-7-21
Use props
Stinky Pete
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for responding.

This is a brand new unit.  
The controller is latest version with 4 green indicator lights and it does light up and beep when turned on.
When Assistant is hooked to the RC it does not respond to the sticks for calibration or assigning toggle switch action.
When Assistant was hooked to P2 it allowed change to IOC operation.
2015-7-21
Use props
Mex
lvl.1

Netherlands

Stinky Pete Posted at 2015-7-22 02:39
Thanks for responding.

This is a brand new unit.  

For the RC you need a different software, Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2
this can be found here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
see if it respinds in here.
in order to see if the rc responds to the phantom, use the phantom software.
see if everything works fine, Both are in the latest firmware>
then it should work. you can check if the correct RC mode is activated (new or old RC)
at last, if it connects but you try to turn the engines on and it becomes red blinking. you should open the phantom and check if the GPS cable is plugged in correctly in the Main board
2015-7-23
Use props
Stinky Pete
lvl.1

Canada

Mex Posted at 2015-7-24 15:39
For the RC you need a different software, Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2
this can be found her ...

Thanks.  

Will try those and go out and play this weekend.

Stay tuned.
2015-7-24
Use props
Stinky Pete
lvl.1

Canada

Stinky Pete Posted at 2015-7-24 21:11
Thanks.  

Will try those and go out and play this weekend.

After doing EVERYTHING possible - downloads, recalibration, power cycling, linking - there is still no connection between controller and P2.

On my computer screen all I get is:  "Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

HELP!!!!
2015-7-24
Use props
Mex
lvl.1

Netherlands

Stinky Pete Posted at 2015-7-25 10:00
After doing EVERYTHING possible - downloads, recalibration, power cycling, linking - there is stil ...

Can you send a screenshot of your software? to see the firmware version, your rc settings and maybe one of your MC modes. like the range of your compass.
2015-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules