Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Team,

After reading that the Mini2 and Air2S controllers are compatible with each other I am now flying both of the drones with the standard controller that came with the Mini2.  I have found though every time I fly with either drone, (either the Air2s or back to the Mini2 or vice versa), the Controller has to do a firmware update each time.

Is this the norm or should the standard remote controller 'just work' with both drones without the need to do the firmware upgrade every time I switch between thee 2 drones ?

Any advice much appreciated
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific version of the DJI Fly app are you using? You may try to uninstall and reinstall your app for you to have the latest version to see if the issue persists. Also, please make sure that both Mavic Air 2s and Mavic Mini 2 aircraft are using the latest firmware to avoid issues. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-14
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-14 19:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific version of the DJI Fly app are you using? You may try to uninstall and reinstall your app for you to have the latest version to see if the issue persists. Also, please make sure that both Mavic Air 2s and Mavic Mini 2 aircraft are using the latest firmware to avoid issues. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi,

Am running V1.4.2 on my phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled as well and both aircraft Firmware are up to date also.
2021-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-14 19:58
Hi,

Am running V1.4.2 on my phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled as well and both aircraft Firmware are up to date also.

Hi. May I please ask what mobile device are you using? Can you please send us a screenshot showing when it asks you to update the firmware?  Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-6-15
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-15 02:10
Hi. May I please ask what mobile device are you using? Can you please send us a screenshot showing when it asks you to update the firmware?  Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi,
Mobile device is Galaxy S21 Ultra - will try and grab the screenshot next time I swap drones.  The first thing I get is a message advising 'Inconsistent Firmware' then it does an RC update which only takes about a minute.

The RC restarts and then I can connect to the drone.
2021-6-15
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-15 02:10

Hi,

Here is the controller firmware upgrade screenshots that i get when switching between Air2S and Mini2 or Vice Versa.

Am now trying the Smart Controller upgrade to see if I can use it instead to hopefully avoid the firmware upgrades each time.
2021-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-17 01:25
Hi,

Here is the controller firmware upgrade screenshots that i get when switching between Air2S and Mini2 or Vice Versa.

Hi, Mavic2018. Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if every time you switch drone, it asks to update the firmware of the remote controller but it stays on the current version after the update, correct? Can you please confirm the version? Also, can you please try to use a different mobile device and update the firmware for both units that you have? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-18
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 02:53
Hi, Mavic2018. Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if every time you switch drone, it asks to update the firmware of the remote controller but it stays on the current version after the update, correct? Can you please confirm the version? Also, can you please try to use a different mobile device and update the firmware for both units that you have? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi,

The current versions is 1.4.2 of DJI Fly, I do not have another mobile device to try unfortunately.  Yes, once i have done RC firmware upgrade it stays set until i switch back to the other drone, then it does its upgrade again.

With the recent Smart Controller and Mini 2 upgrade, I am now trying the updated SC with both drones and I havent noticed any of the firmware upgrades that i see on the standard controller whenever i switch drones.
2021-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-18 02:57
Hi,

The current versions is 1.4.2 of DJI Fly, I do not have another mobile device to try unfortunately.  Yes, once i have done RC firmware upgrade it stays set until i switch back to the other drone, then it does its upgrade again.

Thank you for your response. Alright, therefore the only issue is within the controller itself. Can you please try to update/refresh the firmware of the said remote controller also both drones using the DJI assistant 2 to see if there would be some changes? Please refer to the link below. Also please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2021-6-19
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 00:48
Thank you for your response. Alright, therefore the only issue is within the controller itself. Can you please try to update/refresh the firmware of the said remote controller also both drones using the DJI assistant 2 to see if there would be some changes? Please refer to the link below. Also please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you!

Thanks DJI Paladin, will do.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
2021-6-19
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 00:48
Thank you for your response. Alright, therefore the only issue is within the controller itself. Can you please try to update/refresh the firmware of the said remote controller also both drones using the DJI assistant 2 to see if there would be some changes? Please refer to the link below. Also please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you!

Ok, update done, version level is shown below:

i will try switching between the 2 drones (min2 and Air2S and let you know how I go.
2021-6-19
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-19 01:31
Ok, update done, version level is shown below:

[view_image]

Hi DJI Paladin,

RC Firmware updated / refreshed as suggested, and after switching between both drones, the same thing occurs.  Whether I am switching between the Mini2 or Air2S or vice versa, a message pops up that the firmware is inconsistent and requires an update which it does and takes about a minute.

After the firmware update has occurred, I have to re-pair the newly connected drone again.

2021-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-19 02:07
Hi DJI Paladin,

RC Firmware updated / refreshed as suggested, and after switching between both drones, the same thing occurs.  Whether I am switching between the Mini2 or Air2S or vice versa, a message pops up that the firmware is inconsistent and requires an update which it does and takes about a minute.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Mavic2018. Since you already performed all the possible troubleshooting steps but still the issue persists, we strongly suggest sending the controller to us for proper diagnostics. You can contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-6-20
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-20 01:06
Thank you for keeping us posted, Mavic2018. Since you already performed all the possible troubleshooting steps but still the issue persists, we strongly suggest sending the controller to us for proper diagnostics. You can contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hi Paladin,

I tried it again today but this time using the controller that came with the Air2s and not the one that I have been using that came with the Mini2.

Same thing occurred, each time I switched between the Air2s and Mini2 or vice versa, the controller would display an inconsistent firmware message, update the controller and then I would have to re-pair the drone again.

I guess if anything, this discounts that it was my controller now that the same thing occurs with another controller.
2021-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mavic2018 Posted at 6-23 04:25
Hi Paladin,

I tried it again today but this time using the controller that came with the Air2s and not the one that I have been using that came with the Mini2.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Mavic2018. Could you please try to update your DJI Fly app to the most latest version and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us the firmware version for both controllers and also the firmware version of the drone for us to forward it to our designated team for further clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-6-24
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-24 22:44
Thank you for keeping us posted, Mavic2018. Could you please try to update your DJI Fly app to the most latest version and check if the issue persists? If yes, please provide us the firmware version for both controllers and also the firmware version of the drone for us to forward it to our designated team for further clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi Paladin,

Thank you for your ongoing assistance troubleshooting.

I am running version 1.4.4 of DJI Fly app.

Have since done a factory reset on my Smart Controller and am going to give that a go.  I have done a switch between the Mini2 and Air2S on the SC and I am not prompted for any firmware updates when switching between the 2 drones unlike when using the Standard controllers which are all running the latest firmware and my android phone running the latest Fly app version as well.
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules