P2 Motors shutoff before takeoff -- Water/Sand?
962 7 2015-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b.j.n.ainsworth
New

Canada

Hey,
I’ve tried searching this on the web/forums but the key terms overlap with every other problem.

When I move my joysticks in and down to start up the motors they power up and start spinning, but once I release the joysticks or raise the left stick to take off the motors stop spinning.

This problem began after I got water in my controller. But I dried it for days before use and all software indicates it is functioning properly.

There might also be particles of sand in my Phantom motors but they spin fine. I just suspect it because I was flying near sand.

I’ve recalibrated and no luck.

Is there something I’m missing here?
Anyone had this problem?

Thank you,
Ben

2015-7-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

What you are describing appears to be a controller function. Your doing a CSC and they start ok but when you release the stick to neutral position the motors stop. Double check the calibration on the throttle sounds as though it's of if not there may be damage from the water but that's not likely if it dried good , unless it was on when it got water in it and something shorted out. Anyone around you close that you could try another controller?
2015-7-22
Use props
b.j.n.ainsworth
New

Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-7-22 16:38
What you are describing appears to be a controller function. Your doing a CSC and they start ok but  ...

Thank you Roy,
I hope your right! That sounds fixable.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a drone. I'm in northern Yukon :S
I'll double check calibration today and get back here.

Ben
2015-7-22
Use props
b.j.n.ainsworth
New

Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-7-22 16:38
What you are describing appears to be a controller function. Your doing a CSC and they start ok but  ...

I'm back!
Apologies for the delay.

I attempted to recalibrate using the RC assistant and PT2 and found that the channel monitor "T" is unresponsive. It sits at -1000 on the slider and doesn't move.

A short?
Any ideas here?

Thank you,
Ben
2015-7-27
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

b.j.n.ainsworth Posted at 2015-7-28 08:08
I'm back!
Apologies for the delay.

T is the throttle,  do you have the throttle in the locked lower position?
Motors will shut off if the throttle stick is in the lower position for 3 seconds.
2015-7-28
Use props
b.j.n.ainsworth
New

Canada

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-7-29 00:28
T is the throttle,  do you have the throttle in the locked lower position?
Motors will shut off i ...

I'm slightly confused as to how the motors know to even start up in the first place if the throttle stick is vertically unresponsive.

I've held it long and short and still the motors die out.

I ordered a new controller to see if this settles the issue.

Thank you
2015-7-28
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

b.j.n.ainsworth Posted at 2015-7-29 06:18
I'm slightly confused as to how the motors know to even start up in the first place if the throttl ...

well if T is stuck at -1000, which is the lowest throttle position, it would start the motors with the CSC but shut them down again after 3 seconds.  However CSC motor start wouldn't work if the throttle axis would be stuck at -500 for example
2015-7-28
Use props
Mex
lvl.1

Netherlands

you need to recalibrate the RC. go to the software of the rc, do a stick calibration.
go to every far corner from left top to the right bottom corner all around.
after you have ached every spot with your 2 sticks, center them in the middle and finish the calibration. it should all be 0 0 0 0 now
hope this helps
2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules