A/V input question
9823 6 2021-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Two of my friends are using their V2 goggles for both digital fpv and analog fpv flying.  They are using DJI and Caddx airborne digital systems for video.  They also have an analog FPV adapter on their V2's that are plugged in to the AV input port of their V2's.  They don't get digital video quality of course, but it is way superior to any analog goggles we've used.  Their V2 menu allows them to choose AV input from the analog receiver/adapter.

I have a full DJI FPV Drone system, which works well and I love it.  However I also have "legacy" analog FPV drones and would like to fly them with the DJI V2 goggles like they are.  I have an RC832 video receiver that has AV out, which I plug in to a couple of monitors.  I have plugged the AV from the RC832 analog receiver into the AV input of the V2 goggles.  I am at goggles firmware level 01.02.  I don't find anywhere in the menu system a way to choose AV input.  No video signal appears automatically in my goggles.  How can I get this working on firmware level 01.02?

Thanks!

2021-6-19
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

You have to select AV input from the goggle menu, IF I remember right.....
2021-6-20
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Believe it or not, there are actually two "current" firmwares for the DJI V2 goggles.  They are un-named/unidentified except for version level.  One version is for using them with with air units.  That firmware allows choosing av input.  This is the one my two friends are using.  The other firmware version is for people using the DJI FPV Drone (official name).  This is the one I'm using.  The firmware level is 01.nn. 01.02 is the latest.  It does not have an option to choose av input, unless someone here (like DJI) can tell me what I'm overlooking or doing wrong.
2021-6-20
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Here's the solution...
https://fpvdronepilots.com/threads/dji-goggles-v2-av-input.4366/

Turns out you can "boot" the goggles into the 2 different firmwares.  You need to be in the "air unit" firmware.
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_e0YbjWcTzA2t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 818169 ft
United States

I wrote you detailed instructions on how to do this on another post of yours about audience mode
2021-6-22
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Yes, thanks.  I gave up on "audience" so didn't do it.  But then with the "AV Input" issue it now makes sense.  Funny that there is no how-to video on YouTube about the switching back and forth between firmwares situation.  This whole thing reminds me of an old saw ... "A man with one watch knows what time it is.  A man with two is never sure."  DJI: Are you listening?
2021-6-23
Use props
fans9149de98
New

United States

rgp1942 Posted at 2021-6-23 10:22
Yes, thanks.  I gave up on "audience" so didn't do it.  But then with the "AV Input" issue it now makes sense.  Funny that there is no how-to video on YouTube about the switching back and forth between firmwares situation.  This whole thing reminds me of an old saw ... "A man with one watch knows what time it is.  A man with two is never sure."  DJI: Are you listening?

How about video quality? I tried to connect a receiver monitor to Dji goggles, but it is so noisy whatever cable i plug
2022-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules