Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ady76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105932 ft
Malaysia

Dear DJI Support Team,

Hi and good evening,

Recently, on 17 June 2021, I bought a new DJI Smart Controller for my Mavic 2 zoom. I really like the smart controller. After setup and linked to my Mavic 2 zoom, everything just works fine. The only 1 reason, I write this to DJI support is that, within the range of 1.2 km distance, I often lost signal between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Zoom drone. However, if I switched back to Standard RC, the signal between RC and Mavic 2 zoom drone is far better than DJI Smart Controller. The Mavic 2 Zoom even can fly up to 5km with a solid signal. Is there anything that I have missed during the DJI Smart Controller set-up? I have tested both DJI Smart Controller and Standard Remote Controller at the area, open field where the area has fewer obstacles.

I really appreciate your soonest assistance.

Best regards,
Ady

DJI SC

DJI SC
2021-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart controller to see if the issue persists? Also, please try to fly to a different location using your DJI Smart controller after the firmware update for us to check if there would some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-20
Use props
ady76
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-20 19:07
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart controller to see if the issue persists? Also, please try to fly to a different location using your DJI Smart controller after the firmware update for us to check if there would some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Below is the update.
1. Firmware update using DJI Assistant 2 the latest version for Mavic.
2. During updates, experienced quite a number of times, network error. Even I connected to internet.
3. DJI Smart controller reboot itself a few times. This ok. but final firmware installation reboot causes the DJI Assistant 2 to disconnect with DJI Smart Controller, when updating the process at 98% completed. DJI Assistant indicated that "unstable connection" advise to recheck the version on the firmware page.
4. I have done the update 2-3 times.
5. I have update/refresh firmware for the drone Mavic 2 too.
6. Range test at a different location. Video feed starts to lagging when reaching a distance of almost 1.5km. However, the connection between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 2 still good.

** Please check DJI Assistant 2 connection with DJI Smart Controller, as the connection indicated "unstable connection", everytime updating DJI Smart Controller via DJI Assistant 2
2021-6-21
Use props
ady76
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-20 19:07
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and update/refresh the firmware of your DJI Smart controller to see if the issue persists? Also, please try to fly to a different location using your DJI Smart controller after the firmware update for us to check if there would some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

2. During updates, experienced quite a number of times, network error. Even I connected to internet.
3. DJI Smart controller reboot itself a few times. This ok. but final firmware installation reboot causes the DJI Assistant 2 to disconnect with DJI Smart Controller, when updating the process at 98% completed. DJI Assistant indicated that "unstable connection" advise to recheck the version on the firmware page.
4. I have done the update 2-3 times.
5. I have update/refresh firmware for the drone Mavic 2 too.
6. Range test at a different location. Video feed starts to lagging when reaching a distance of almost 1.5km. However, the connection between DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 2 still good.

** Please check DJI Assistant 2 connection with DJI Smart Controller, as the connection indicated "unstable connection", every time updating DJI Smart Controller via DJI Assistant 2
2021-6-21
Use props
ady76
lvl.2
Malaysia

ady76 Posted at 6-21 21:02

Hi good evening.
had done few things to try to resolve video feed lagging on DJI Smart Controller, within the range of 1.5km.
1. recalibrate the IMU on the Mavic 2 zoom drone
2. recalibrate the compass on DJI Smart Controller and Mavic 2 zoom
after which, the problem still the same. Within 1.5km video feed still lagging. Can DJI Support help on this issue, please? Thank you.
2021-6-23
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

It might be that you're encountering some interference on the Smart Controller
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Or you haven't updated the controller fully
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Are you sure you flew with both controllers in the same direction?
2021-7-3
Use props
ady76
lvl.2
Malaysia

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 09:52
Are you sure you flew with both controllers in the same direction?

Hi.
yes. flew the same direction. Range/video feed tested on both controllers separately. Thanks
2021-7-5
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ady76 Posted at 7-5 04:38
Hi.
yes. flew the same direction. Range/video feed tested on both controllers separately. Thanks

Well Idk why the range is a problem then
2021-7-5
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ady76 Posted at 7-5 04:38
Hi.
yes. flew the same direction. Range/video feed tested on both controllers separately. Thanks

Well Idk why the range is a problem then
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ady76 Posted at 6-23 18:12
Hi good evening.
had done few things to try to resolve video feed lagging on DJI Smart Controller, within the range of 1.5km.
1. recalibrate the IMU on the Mavic 2 zoom drone

HI, Ady76. Sorry for the late response and we're sorry for the trouble. Since you already did all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue, and still the issue persists. I'm afraid that you may consider sending your DJI Smart Controller in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules