Ship 2s to DJI in flymore bag for added safety?
779 5 2021-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

I was thinking that it would be most safe if packed in the combo bag, then surrounded with bubble wrap and sent to DJI for repairs.

Is that a bad idea?

Any packing suggestions?

I guess remove the propellers, and memory card.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Mike

2021-6-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Defenitly if it was me, i would not send it in combo bag. I would ship it surronded in bubble wrap an then put it on a box and fill the box with soft sponge.
2021-6-21
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

After posting, and the more I thought about it, I agree: sending the bag would be a terrible.  In my brain, I've never removed the propellers since getting it but that's not a big deal and without propellers, it'll be fine.

Thanks,
MIke
2021-6-21
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

That’s how its comes to us so sounds like the best approach.
2021-6-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly that is how it was shipped to me from DJI. So yes re-pack it in the Fly More combo bag, then pack it in a box with bubble wrap. And yes remove the props, secure the gimbal, battery removed, etc. Make sure the foam in the bag is there too and if there's any extra room, pack it with bubble wrap to fill the space so that nothing moves or shakes.

Insure the package as well back to DJI with tracking just in case!

2021-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The way you pack your unit is correct, you have an option to place the unit in a safe box and surround it with bubble wrap for the package to be safe inside and outside. Also, you have an option to send it with the fly more combo bag as we will return this one once the repair is done. Please make sure to remove your SD card and keep it just send only the unit with the broken parts. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support!
2021-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules