Smart Controller update problem
1757 10 2021-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karsten999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft
Germany

Hi,my Smart Controller should get the latest firmware. It´s still on V01.00.0820.

Updating OTA does not work, the Controller can´t get the "Server Information"?!?!?  My wifi settings are fine, wifi works on the Smart Controller.

Trying updating the firmware with the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic also does not work. The Smart Controller is not recognized by the Software. I tried that on my iMac, my MacBook pro and on my wives Windows 10 Laptop. I swapped USB Cables but all with no luck. My Mavic Air2 is updating fine with DJI Assistant 2. The Smart Controller does not show up!

So what else can I do to have my Smart Controller updated? It drives my really crazy!!!

Any help?

Karsten
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-6-26
Use props
Karsten999
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-26 21:15
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi.
Thanks very much for the reply, that´s bad news for me. The Smart Controller is barely used and not one year old.
Anyway, I contacted the support yesterday and wait for a reply now.
2021-6-26
Use props
Karsten999
lvl.2
Germany

....hmmm, after reading some posts here in this forum i wonder, if the customer support can fix the issue with my Smart Controller before I start my summer vacation......... Let´s wait and see.....
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Karsten999 Posted at 6-26 23:26
Hi.
Thanks very much for the reply, that´s bad news for me. The Smart Controller is barely used and not one year old.
Anyway, I contacted the support yesterday and wait for a reply now.

Hi there, we are sorry for that, please feel free to contact us if you have encountered any difficulties. And please let us know if there any process updating. We would like to help.
2021-6-27
Use props
Karsten999
lvl.2
Germany

Hi folks, good news!

I did not give up and after a couple of hours clicking around I found out the following:
- I suddenly got the message to update the app DJI GO4 and to log in to my DJI Account within the app
- so I tried to update DJI GO 4 via WIFI, went fine
- after logging in into my updated DJI GO 4 app I was able to let the Smart Controller search for a new firmware (OTA)!!!!
- I turned off display-sleep and started OTA firmware update
- update went fine

side note: the Assistant 2 for Mavic app still does not recognize the connected Smart Controller, why???? .....but actually I don´t care.....

So now everything is fine, my Smart Controller seems to be OK and is on firmware V01.01.0058. Can someone confirm it´s the latest?

Thanks and Greetings from Germany
Karsten
2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Karsten999 Posted at 6-27 02:15
Hi folks, good news!

I did not give up and after a couple of hours clicking around I found out the following:

Hi there, thanks for reaching out, and good to know your Smart Controller has updated successfully. Regarding your concern, the version of V01.01.0058 is the latest firmware for the DJI Smart Controller. You may pay attention to our official website to follow the new release. Thank you.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_EN_202106.pdf
2021-6-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi folks, good news!

Hi Karsten, v01.01.0058 for the Smart Controller is the latest version. Thank you for your update and it is great to hear that you are able to sort out the issue.
Regarding the connection issue of the Smart Controller to the computer, I may still want to know more details if it is convenient. May I know if the computer (not the DJI Assistant 2) recognizes the Smart Controller when you connected it to the computer? If no, you may try different cables to verify if it is the connecting cord issue or the USB-C port issue. If the controller can be recognized, you may check if the driver has been installed properly. Thank you.
2021-6-27
Use props
ady76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105932 ft
Malaysia

Hi folks, good news!

reset to factory setting in DJI Smart Controller. The latest firmware installed will not be affected. After reset, log in to your DJI Go 4 App. Then, launch DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, connect the USB-C cable from your PC to DJI Smart Controller, then switch on the SC.
2021-6-27
Use props
Karsten999
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

@ady76: thanks, I will try that this evening

@DJI Susan: no, the SC is not recognized by my iMac. I installed the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. The kext extension is installed in the extensions folder. I have three different USB-C cables, none of them seem to work. But they do when connecting the Mavic Air 2!
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Karsten999 Posted at 6-28 01:31
Hi,

@ady76: thanks, I will try that this evening

Got it. If the issue still persists, you may submit a request via https://repair.dji.com/repair/index to open a case and send it in for a thorough diagnosis. We'll do our best to help this out.

Should there any other concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2021-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules