DJI Goggle connection and firmware update failure
347 0 2021-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBnny462
New

United States

I purchased the DJI FPV v2 goggles when they were first available, and used them with an iFlight bumblebee FPV drone that had the DJI FPV air unit. They paired and worked fine together. Last month, I purcuased a DJI FPV drone and controller. My goggles were linked to the DJI FPV air unit in the iFlight drone, so they did not come pre-linked to the DJI FPV drone and controller like they would have if I had ordered the full package from DJI.

When I go to pair the goggles to the DJI FPV drone, it doesn't pair. Followed all the steps, full battery levels, etc. The drone is in pairing mode as are the googles, but they don't pair. My first stroubleshooting step was to update the firmware on all products, but after attempting that and doing some research, it seems that DJI has dropped the ball again with their product support. Here is what I've tried so far:

Downloaded DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) on a MacBook Pro. It can see the goggles, but when attempting a firmware update, it fails during the "transmitting" stage, which is a common problem many have deatiled in other posts.

DJI's "fix" is to connect the goggles to a mobile device and update through the "DJI FLY" app. I used a UCB C to USB OTG cable purchased through amazon (I didn't recieve this cable with my goggles) to connect to my iPhone and it wouldn't see the goggles. I checked DJI's instructions, and it says for the goggles to be paired with the drone and controller before connecting to the DJI FLY app... How I can I connect the goggles to the drone when I need to update the firmware before pairing, which can apparently only be done through the app, which tells me to first have the goggles paired with the drone and controller? This is maddening. The DJI Assistant 2 app seems completely useless, and the DJI FLY app specifically asks for the drone to be paired to the controller and goggles.

Any help here? I've spent over $2K on this setup and it's been completely unusalbe so far. Feels very much like when I bought a Phantom 2 Vision years ago and it flew away due to software bugs, and DJI told me "too bad, go buy another".

2021-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules