Lost Connection Midflight!
5334 6 2021-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brt4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72001 ft
United States

I am quite new to drones as I have only about 5 hours on my Mini 2. I have loved it so far..until a couple days ago. I was starting to have connection issues and suddenly I would be flying blind as the screen would appear with the message "RC not connected to mobile device". The first time this happened I wasn't too far away so I descended until I could visually see the drone again and landed. Continued to have connection issues that I could not figure out. It had a firmware update available though so I went home and successfully updated the firmware and the proceeded to fly it at my house to test it out. I took it to about 900 feet from take off point and several hundred feet in the air. Flew around for about 10 minutes, no issues at all. I then went back to the original location I was taking photos and some video, took it about 1000 feet away from take off point and about 380 feet up, but somewhat in a clearing in case I began having issues. Well, after about 5 to 10 minutes, I lost connection again. I attempted to turn it back my direction and descend as I started walking the direction of where it was at, but I must have not had it going my way after all, because I couldn't hear it or see it and after another 10 minutes or so the battery died. . I don't understand what happened, can someone shed any light on this issue for me. Luckily I have the insurance on it, but I am not confident right now after my first one! I am quite frustrated at the whole situation.

Thanks
2021-6-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog.

Use this > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and post the uploaded link on here

Or just put a cloud-link to your log on here.

cheers
JJB
2021-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brt4. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-6-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

If i understand the text correctly Brt4 lost his drone, but always nice to read a Super Moderator advice how to hold the RC for his next drone....
2021-6-29
Use props
Brt4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72001 ft
United States

Thank you all for the responses. I actually submitted a case with DJI and after analysis of my flight log and the incident in general, they are replacing the drone at no cost to me. I have asked to see the data analysis as I am curious what their findings were. I am mostly relieved that I do not have to use the fly away coverage since there would still be cost to me, although reduced.
RIP mini 2!
2021-7-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Brt4 Posted at 7-1 04:39
Thank you all for the responses. I actually submitted a case with DJI and after analysis of my flight log and the incident in general, they are replacing the drone at no cost to me. I have asked to see the data analysis as I am curious what their findings were. I am mostly relieved that I do not have to use the fly away coverage since there would still be cost to me, although reduced.
RIP mini 2!

Good news for you!

But still like to see that flightlog for this mishap.

cheers
JJB
2021-7-1
Use props
Edvard Suster
New

Serbia

The same thing happened to me today here is the map, but I pressed home and returned to the starting position.
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules