Export spray application maps?
5025 6 2021-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AgDrones
New

Australia

Hi,

Just wondering whether any of the DJI spray drones have the ability to export spray application maps in some sort of geo-spatial format (ie shapefile).

Cheers,
2021-6-28
Use props
Malvir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Hi, it is not clear what do you look for. If  you happen do develop spraying mission in the remote controller itself, then such mission will be flat-rate Field mission and you can use DJI Agras Management Portal to share filed boundaries between the operators. You can also use DJI Agras Management Portal to analyze executed missions and to export executed flight paths as KML geospatial file. If you are looking for the opposite, to create simple field mission externaly and use it in the drone - you can create boundary in any geospatial software and put regular SHP fileset onto SD card (in specific DJI/SHP folder), then import it into controller. That would be the way to create simple zoning as well. To create application maps for variable rate application as well as any of the fuit tree mission types - creation should start from DJI Terra application, where you will first process mapping of P4RTK or P4RTK to create DSM, obstacles, zones and paths and once spraying misson is prepared, then you will export mission from Terra to the SD card that will be used to import it to the controller. This is just short info on most frequent workflows. So, as you can read, there are many variations so you question should be more specific if precise answer is what you are looking for.
2021-7-11
Use props
Malvir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

PS There is no dedicated "mission planner" app for Agras, other then DJI Terra, which is based exclusively on P4RTK and P4Multispectral mapping.
I strongly believe that it would be great if Terra could import DSM and maps as GeoTIFF files as well as boundaries and obstacles in SHP or KML, in order to create spraying missions based on data already available in the organization. Still, at the moment that is not the case.
2021-7-11
Use props
BR_Agro
New

United States

As I am an agronomist, maybe I understand the question.
They want to export the task done by the drone.
A shapefile where they could see, at least, a map with speed, application rate  and maybe something else.
They could take this shapefile and import to a software like QGIS or any agricultural platform where they can compare this map created with the drone with other maps from other sources.
Nowadays we have shapefile maps we take from sprayer's displays.
If they import to the drone a variable rate map, they want to check the task to be sure the drone sprayed in the same rate they wanted and in the same locations they asked for.

I have this question:
Could we take a shapefile file from this drone (with application rate) and put it in another software like QGIS?
Thanks!
2022-6-9
Use props
kapchur.us
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1248743 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to see this possibility, but it appears DJI has all of this pretty much locked down.  I'm just now trying to get DroneLogBooks installed.  They can send you the APK file to install on the controller, but I cannot yet figure out how to configure the app to point at the flight logs so they sync to DroneLogBooks. And I'm not entirely sure it will give us the mapping/planning ability we're speaking of here, but I'm VERY hopeful and will report back when I hear back from the DroneLogBooks support team about configuration.
2022-6-15
Use props
Packout
lvl.1
Australia

I’m currently looking at mounting a Trimble easy guide to the t40 to capture the spray swathes
Looking at a trigger wire to the pump or solanoid so it starts logging when it sprays
Any thoughts
2023-3-21
Use props
Hunter/AcuSpray
New

United States

How can i get my mapped out fields from my t40 remote to other remotes, so i can use different drones to fly the same fields?
2-29 10:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules