how to unlock a geofence site
876 5 2021-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salem-Mini 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152687 ft
United States

I was in class D airspace and I requested Lance approval and approved in a few seconds. Then I go through my pre-flight and get to the take off portion and DJI blocks take off. It asks if I want to unlock and I say yes and it says log in???
I'm in the app and this should constitute being logged in but I tell it to unlock and after checking the box that I know what I'm doing and will be safe. it just sites there and then times out telling me to try later????????????????
What if I don't have "Later" to do this? Lucky for me it was only the sunrise over the ocean and not a customer that needed me to do something business-related.

These DJI's are great toys for photographers like me but If I ran a business I would go with any of the other brands for mission-critical use.

After 3 attempts, I restarted my phone and apparently this gave me a good signal and it approved the unlock... A lot of times I'm in place where wifi and even 3, 4, 5G signals are rare... How do I unlock if there is no signal?

My answer is this... It's all done in the app and the app stores all the answers till it is back in wifi/5G signal range... Maybe I'm just old and I know you are trying to protect yourselves (DJI) from liability and make sure that we are following the rules but if I'm able to (and willing) to go and get LAANC approval (here in the US) then why would I need YOUR approval? I'm a part 107 which means I trying to follow the rules. For part 107 pilots the unlock should be easier to go through. Better yet allow me to hook aloft into the gofly app and when ALOFT (FAA) gives approval, you are unlocked at the same time...

That would be a good business decision/model to follow...  Thanks

Jeff Folger
2021-6-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can unlock a zone for 3 days using this site in advance.   https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock
2021-6-29
Use props
Salem-Mini 2
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-29 23:13
You can unlock a zone for 3 days using this site in advance.   https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock

Thanks, they don't make that easy to find. and the selecting of the pin is not easy as well... Thanks for the assist...
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Salem-Mini 2 Posted at 6-30 11:22
Thanks, they don't make that easy to find. and the selecting of the pin is not easy as well... Thanks for the assist...

I agree.  There is a new unlock site but it’s even more work.  
2021-6-30
Use props
Salem-Mini 2
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 11:55
I agree.  There is a new unlock site but it’s even more work.

My problem is there are blue and yellow pins and all of them say I don't have to unlock these areas I don't trust  DJI on this one so I unlocked the Class C for the 3 days. There are so many over lapping pins that I'm not sure which one needs to be unlocked... a couple of nearby pins are restricted due to being jails or hospitals and I believe that as long as I don't plan to fly directly over them (I don't) then I'm good there. But the airport has 3 yellow pins and one blue and all say I don't have to unlock...

I bet that A. I choose the wrong one to unlock and B. Yes I do have to unlock when I get there... :-)
2021-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Salem-Mini 2 Posted at 6-30 12:11
My problem is there are blue and yellow pins and all of them say I don't have to unlock these areas I don't trust  DJI on this one so I unlocked the Class C for the 3 days. There are so many over lapping pins that I'm not sure which one needs to be unlocked... a couple of nearby pins are restricted due to being jails or hospitals and I believe that as long as I don't plan to fly directly over them (I don't) then I'm good there. But the airport has 3 yellow pins and one blue and all say I don't have to unlock...

I bet that A. I choose the wrong one to unlock and B. Yes I do have to unlock when I get there... :-)

Ive never seen a blue zone that didnt need to be unlocked.
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules