Remote sticks controlling the camera
1759 16 2015-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

I dont know how it happened but the scroll wheel stopped working and now the right stick moves the camera up and down.
Anyone have this happen? Try to figure it out with the online help, but they really are not that great.
2015-7-22
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

In MC Settings try to Reset All Settings.
2015-7-22
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-7-23 11:42
In MC Settings try to Reset All Settings.

Tried that, still no luck.
2015-7-22
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try recalibrating your remote controller in the DJI Pilot app.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-22
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-23 12:08
Try recalibrating your remote controller in the DJI Pilot app.

I've tried this several times with luck. I used the online chat support and they told me my rc needs to be exchanged and I should call the North America 1800 number. Pretty upsetting as the delivery was delayed by a month and literally had the drone for 2 days and this happened.
2015-7-24
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

With NO* luck
2015-7-24
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

Sorry to bring this up again, but with no response from the Los Angeles store to ship my remote to, Im still stuck with this issue. Ive updated all devices and batteries with the latest firmware 1.3.20 hoping that this would create a fix. But no hope. The left wheel no longer controls the camera pitch angle and now the right joystick does. Im really at a loss right now as I've tried recalibrating several dozens of times now, I've tried calibrating with my android tablet and my iPhone. If anyone has experienced this or anyone thinks of a solution I would kindly ask for your assistance. This is an amazing device and I would love for it to work how it was intended.
2015-8-28
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tiangcoa Posted at 2015-8-29 05:08
Sorry to bring this up again, but with no response from the Los Angeles store to ship my remote to,  ...

what happens if you switch modes?  
2015-8-28
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Tiangcoa Posted at 2015-8-28 17:08
Sorry to bring this up again, but with no response from the Los Angeles store to ship my remote to,  ...

I don't know why your particular remote is behaving that way, but I do know that the controls can be redefined in the P3 EEPROM on the drone itself. Technically it is possible to change all the controls to work differently. You can actually use other fancy custom remotes like hobbyists use for custom built crafts as long as everything is setup right.

Since controls are doing things different than they should, I would suspect that the EEPROM got changed somehow (don't ask me how cause I have no idea). That said, my guess is that the drone has the problem, not the remote. But I could be totally wrong.

Best to let them fix it or replace it for you. You won't be able to do it yourself if it is an EEPROM problem. Talk to them first and be prepared to send both the remote and the P3. Getting a replacement remote only may be a waste of time.

What you could do if you know anyone else (dealer near you?) with a P3 or Inspire remote is to relink their remote to your P3 and see if the problem is the same. If so, its the drone EEPROM.
2015-8-28
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-8-29 14:26
I don't know why your particular remote is behaving that way, but I do know that the controls can  ...

Thank you very much for the response. I have contacted dji through online support a few times now, and the verdict is to contact the Los Angeles office. Ive called, and emailed with no response. It has now been 2 months if not more and I'm really at a loss for words.
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Tiangcoa Posted at 2015-9-11 00:20
Thank you very much for the response. I have contacted dji through online support a few times now, ...

I want to know if you opened the controller to look inside ?

When doing a stick calibration, when you move the gimble wheel, is there any feedback on the screen to what is moving ? and when moving the left stick and the right stick what feedback you getting ?

Try reflashing the RC to the oldest firmware possible and upgrade it to latest that the phantom has, and let us know if that helps.
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please leave me your contacts if your issue is not solved yet. Thank you!
2015-9-10
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

Hi dji-Tim. My issue has not yet been resolved. You can email me at Tiangco.a@gmail.com
2015-10-4
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-11 12:52
I want to know if you opened the controller to look inside ?

When doing a stick calibration, when ...

I have not opened the controller..is this something I should do?
When calibrating the controller and moving the gimbal there is no feedback that it is moving.
2015-10-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Tiangcoa Posted at 2015-10-4 22:13
I have not opened the controller..is this something I should do?
When calibrating the controller  ...

OMG it has been a month now since you got that problem and you did not fix it ? did you call or talk to any DJI support at all ?
2015-10-4
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-10-5 11:08
OMG it has been a month now since you got that problem and you did not fix it ? did you call or ta ...

absolutely. They told me to contact the california store, which I tried to call several times, and sent numerous emails with no response.
2015-11-3
Use props
Tiangcoa
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 14:34
Please leave me your contacts if your issue is not solved yet. Thank you!

here is my email - tiangco.a@gmail.com
2015-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules