Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Everyone

So many users of the Dji Fly app(latest App0 are having issues with the RX charging their iphones and no control to turn this off which is causing the iphone to over heat or dim the screen to an extent that we cannot view the image anymore. Everyone needs to vote because the more votes we get on this poll Dji will take urgent action to resolve else if they see on a mere few votes nothing will happen and they will drag their feet. We have thousands of pilots on here so every vote in this counts.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2515034

2021-7-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I strictly use Android so it has no effect on me.  However, with only 35 votes total you need a lot more iOS users to vote.  It is really weird that DJI changes the software to make it charge when previously it didn't.  At least give you guys the option to disable it.  
2021-7-6
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Voted thanks for pulling this together
2021-7-6
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Well I’ve voted, however, whether DJI listens or not is another matter Suren.
2021-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Suren for doing this.
2021-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have voted for the switch
2021-7-7
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I would vote for making the damn SC working properly... Like signal and Custom mode sticks.
2021-7-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

So it does seem that the option to charge or not has been put back to Fly 1.4.8. Thank you very much Dji.

To all my fellow pilots, Thank you for contributing to get Dji to move on this so quickly, together we all have the power to make our voices heard.
2021-7-7
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogO69PeFwCI&t=0s
2021-7-7
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Does this new updated version actually work for you? While flying today, I noticed my phone was charging, despite having charging toggled off. The switch didn't seem to make any difference - the phone was charging whichever way the toggle was set.
2021-7-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

sduck Posted at 7-8 20:04
Does this new updated version actually work for you? While flying today, I noticed my phone was charging, despite having charging toggled off. The switch didn't seem to make any difference - the phone was charging whichever way the toggle was set.

I tested mine and it works as it should
2021-7-8
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

I would uninstall the DJI Fly app, reboot your phone, reinstall the DJI Fly app. That might fix your issue.
2021-7-8
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

SkyPod Posted at 7-8 21:04
I would uninstall the DJI Fly app, reboot your phone, reinstall the DJI Fly app. That might fix your issue.

I think I'll try just a simple reboot of the phone first.
2021-7-9
Use props
kSetuni
lvl.2
United States

Many have reported that even after the latest update that just running the app, not connected to a controller or drone, that its overheating their iphones when it didnt before. Its an interesting twist if so.
2021-7-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This used to happen to me in previous versions of the app,  toggling it off and on and quitting the app usually got the action and the toggle to align.
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules