New Mini 2. Some issues
712 20 2021-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I got my Mini 2 today and have a few issues I was hoping you guys might be able to help with.

1: I have no video options on the video menu. I can select video but I don't see the fly-out menus with video resolution and frame rate. It just switches between video and picture mode. (I'm using an iPhone 11 pro so should be ok)

2: The gimabl always seems to be buzzing, like it's constantly correcting itself, even when the Mini is on the ground. Is this normal?

3: The footage is really shaky. It seems to switch between being ok and then a bit blurry but also with wobble to the video.

I'll try to upload a video to sho what I mean.

Cheers.

2021-7-8
Use props
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is a sample video. Perfectly still day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVivtHXMhc

2021-7-8
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

If there are no video options it probably means you have no SD card, or it is improperly formatted.
2021-7-8
Use props
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 7-8 12:38
If there are no video options it probably means you have no SD card, or it is improperly formatted.

Ah - thanks. I do have a video card but I haven't formatted it. Is there an option in the app to format it?
2021-7-8
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check your props. Make sure they look good, and the screws are tight....or try new props to see if it helps.
2021-7-8
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

And also, have you tried gimbal calibration?
2021-7-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The video options have moved. Touch the lower right icons to see options. Yes, calibrate your gimbal.
2021-7-8
Use props
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Guys. I have formatted the card and updated firmware. I'll try calibration tomorrow as it needs a charge.

I now have the video options, by the way, so thanks for that one.
2021-7-8
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I'd say that gimball is defective, that vibration is not normal, the footage on these drones is always super steady.
2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The video resolution was already been a move on the lower right part of the screen, please make sure that you are in Normal mode to have this one (please check the image below). Also, kindly please perform the gimbal and IMU calibration as this might help the gimbal issues that you experience and check whether the issue persists.  Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

2021-7-8
Use props
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi - I've performed IMU and gimbal calibration and updated to latest firmware and the issue is still there. This is a video I shot this morning. Im sending it back and will get a replacement as there must be something wrong with the gimbal. This was shot on a completely still morning.

2021-7-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Must be something wrong indeed. My M2 does not have this.
2021-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just return it for a replacement.   
2021-7-9
Use props
booghi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218648 ft

Romania

I crashed my mini 2 a few times in trees and the gimbal didn't suffer any damage, my videos are still super stable, you definitely have a defective product.
2021-7-9
Use props
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guys. Really frustrating as I was hoping to get out with it this weekend. Oh well.

Oddly, the video I shot this morning was shaky like you can see in the video but half way through it just stopped and the footage was completely stable for 3 or 4 minutes. Did another flight and it started again though so it's really unreliable.
2021-7-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loydall Posted at 7-8 22:57
Hi - I've performed IMU and gimbal calibration and updated to latest firmware and the issue is still there. This is a video I shot this morning. Im sending it back and will get a replacement as there must be something wrong with the gimbal. This was shot on a completely still morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5jU2B2CUVA

Yeah, that's definitely not normal.  Time to get a replacement.  
2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-8 19:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The video resolution was already been a move on the lower right part of the screen, please make sure that you are in Normal mode to have this one (please check the image below). Also, kindly please perform the gimbal and IMU calibration as this might help the gimbal issues that you experience and check whether the issue persists.  Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

[view_image]

Hi, I was told
To go to right section of forum to post but can’t figure that out so I am just replying to a Mini2 post as that is the type of drone I just bought.  Out of box it won’t connect so have not been able
To do anything after charging it and the controller up.  Here are error messages I get.  lights on controller and drone (both green so thought it would be connected).  
9B7F8DA3-4359-449D-BB68-2EDD6222139D.png
603E5644-CE26-4AAE-B3CF-A43FF10FB00A.png
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-8 19:45

[view_image]

Hi, I can’t connect the controller to the drone to begin with, so I can’t perform any calibrations, etc with the app.  Seems like everyone else is ready to fly right out of box so think I have a bad unit.  I’ll return it and get another one.
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_X9kemcgb1Poa Posted at 7-12 08:33
Hi, I can’t connect the controller to the drone to begin with, so I can’t perform any calibrations, etc with the app.  Seems like everyone else is ready to fly right out of box so think I have a bad unit.  I’ll return it and get another one.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try to re-link the controller to the aircraft to see if there would be some changes, you may refer to the tutorial link below. If the issue persists, you can proceed with the replacement process. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2021-7-16
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Hi, the footage in the video just look like maybe you were flying in a windy day. Bound to shake around a little bit. I think try hovering inside and see if any different or wait till a day with no wind at all. Good luck with it and safe flights.
2021-7-16
Use props
Loydall
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-16 05:15
Hi, the footage in the video just look like maybe you were flying in a windy day. Bound to shake around a little bit. I think try hovering inside and see if any different or wait till a day with no wind at all. Good luck with it and safe flights.

It was as still a day as it could possibly be. No wind whatsoever. I've sent it back and I'm getting a replacement.
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules