739 14 2021-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Messaris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067280 ft
Greece

Hi ,

Yesterday I tried to fly my mini 2 but it took me a while as I ve experienced a black screen when I opened the DJI fly app(I have Samsung s9+ phone).

It took me a while to get it started. I restarted the app, and my phone with no luck . I turned the controller off and  then on and finally it worked.

I  started to fly above the sea and suddenly the app crashed and I had to re-open it , that was the time that I ve noticed that my home point had automatically been updated somewhere in the middle of the sea .

My question is: If I had  again a black screen when the Fly app crashed and reopened it  ,

a) how on earth could I return the drone back to safety ,when the home point was updated in the middle of the sea?

b) would DJI take responsibility for this fly away accident provided that this is a bug which many users with Samsung mobile phone have experienced in the past.

Finally I suggest  that DJI should consider redesigning the  RTH function as in my case if I had to use it ,my drone would had end up in the bottom of the sea!

regards

2021-7-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you like post your flightlog for this flight on here.
Use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

post the uploaded link on here.

Maybt 2 logs, before and after the reconnection of the mobile device.

Normally when the app crashes, and after reconnection the HP remains the old HP! HP is stored in the drone not in the flyapp.
After a disconnect of the RC and the RC is connected again, HP does not change.....
But than the RC is not powered off, not sure what will happen to the HP is the RC is powered off and on again, but afaik the HP will not change....
So curious to see what is written in the log.

cheers
JJB
2021-7-9
Use props
Messaris
lvl.2
Greece

Hi , thanx for the reply ,

I have no idea how to do that, but I m sure that there will be plenty of videos on the web explaining.

I will have a look and upload it this weekend!

What about the black screen that I got when I first switched on the drone? Will also be recorded? Why is this happening? It was like the camera was not working, all the other information was available, just the camera was off.

regards
2021-7-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Messaris Posted at 7-9 04:03
Hi , thanx for the reply ,

I have no idea how to do that, but I m sure that there will be plenty of videos on the web explaining.

Hi,

The link does explain how to do....

Your flightlogs are stored on your mobile device, sub map FLIGHTRECORDS of the FlyApp map.

cheers
JJB
2021-7-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I  started to fly above the sea and suddenly the app crashed and I had to re-open it , that was the time that I ve noticed that my home point had automatically been updated somewhere in the middle of the sea .
That sounds very unlikely.
It's your drone that records its homepoint, not the app.
It records a homepoint as soon as it gets good GPS location data.
When/if you post the flight data, it will clear this us and show whether the homepoint really changed.

My question is: If I had  again a black screen when the Fly app crashed and reopened it  ,
  a) how on earth could I return the drone back to safety ,when the home point was updated in the middle of the sea?
You can fly the drone back yourself, you don;t have to use the RTH feature.
Or if the homepoint hadn't changed, it wouldn't matter.

b) would DJI take responsibility for this fly away accident provided that this is a bug which many users with Samsung mobile phone have experienced in the past.
What bug?    How about posting flight data, so you can find out what actually happened before getting excited about things that probably didn't happen?

Finally I suggest  that DJI should consider redesigning the  RTH function as in my case if I had to use it ,my drone would had end up in the bottom of the sea!
Did you know that you could turn off the phone and stiill use RTH?

I'd suggest learning a lot more about how your drone and app work before presuming you can tell DJI how to improve their products.
The RTH function has been well tested on a few million drones before you bought one.
It's simple, elegant and reliable.

Lets find out what your assumed issue really was before making assumptions.
Now ... where's your data?

ps .. I'm seeing a problem uploading to Phantomhelp at the moment.
Don't worry if it doesn't work for you.
Just use those instructions to find the .txt file and post that here.

2021-7-9
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I've experienced balck screen several times and never changed the homepoint midflight.

I had a homepoint misslocation once, but was right after the take off due to some interference in the GPS signal I believe. The drone locates the homepoint when you start it and then relocates it automatically just after takeoff. That second relocation was randomly placed 50 meters away or so, but in more than 660 flights only happend once to me.

Usually if you wait till all the satelites have benn gathered and the homepoint has been set before taking off it won't change midflight unless you tell it to do so. No matter if you close the app, restart the app, get a freeze in video feed or black screen. Even if you power off the controller and the phone the drone will still RTH to where it took off (unless it crashes to a bird, hardware fails or simmilar XD).

The more you fly the drone the more you'll learn to face this kind of problems, but I still remember the time when I got my first black screen in my second drone flight ever... that was a close one XDD
2021-7-9
Use props
Messaris
lvl.2
Greece

Labroides Posted at 7-9 04:44
That sounds very unlikely.
It's your drone that records its homepoint, not the app.

You must have supernatural powers to bring it back nearly a km away from you without the screen!!

What bug?    How about posting flight data, so you can find out what actually happened before getting excited about things that probably didn't happen?

I m not getting excited!!! I m getting worried!!! The black screen is definitely a bug or do you thing that is also in my imagination?

Did you know that you could turn off the phone and stiill use RTH?

If I followed your advice my drone would have end up at the bottom of the sea as the home point was somewhere at the the sea!!

I'd suggest learning a lot more about how your drone and app work before presuming you can tell DJI how to improve their products.
The RTH function has been well tested on a few million drones before you bought one.
It's simple, elegant and reliable.

You are absolutely right I should not jump to conclusions that was my bad!!
I also  suggest that you read more carefully what I write and stop ass- licking DJI !
With regards

2021-7-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Messaris Posted at 7-9 13:52

When you manually update the homepoint, you can choose to use the drone position or the controller location. Choose the controller location, RTH then, as soon as it lands, get away from the water.
2021-7-9
Use props
Messaris
lvl.2
Greece

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-9 06:00
I've experienced balck screen several times and never changed the homepoint midflight.

I had a homepoint misslocation once, but was right after the take off due to some interference in the GPS signal I believe. The drone locates the homepoint when you start it and then relocates it automatically just after takeoff. That second relocation was randomly placed 50 meters away or so, but in more than 660 flights only happend once to me.

thanx alot dude that might have been the case that the home poind was misslocated and when the app crashed I pressumed that it had updated the homepoint !! Anyway I ve send the log to admin !!

Thanx again for your help
2021-7-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

You must have supernatural powers to bring it back nearly a km away from you without the screen!!
Yes .. I have a supernatural power far beyond your pathetic abilities.
I understand how the drone works and how to use it.
I also know that the controller has a RTH button and pushing that initiates RTH, even if your phone and app is not working.  

If I followed your advice my drone would have end up at the bottom of the sea as the home point was somewhere at the the sea!!
Your extremely limited understanding is the problem.
What makes you so sure the homepoint was out to sea?

Post your recorded flight data to find out the truth instead of yapping about nonsense.

I also  suggest that you read more carefully what I write and stop ass- licking DJI !

You come across as an ignorant prick who doesn't know the first thing about drone flying.
Do you want help or are you just here to whinge?
Your data would be a good place to start.

2021-7-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Messaris Posted at 7-9 14:49
thanx alot dude that might have been the case that the home poind was misslocated and when the app crashed I pressumed that it had updated the homepoint !! Anyway I ve send the log to admin !!

Thanx again for your help

thanx alot dude that might have been the case that the home poind was misslocated and when the app crashed
No .. it won't have been the case because that can't happen.
The homepoint is recorded by the drone, not the app.
Having the app crash 10 times won't make a scrap of difference to the homepoint stored inside the drone.
How do you think Failsafe RTH would work on loss of signal if that wasn't the case?

2021-7-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-9 17:51
thanx alot dude that might have been the case that the home poind was misslocated and when the app crashed
No .. it won't have been the case because that can't happen.
The homepoint is recorded by the drone, not the app.

Yes, you CAN use the app to change/update the home point. You can set it to a point on the map, the controller or the drone location. Check under the Safety tab, update home point.
2021-7-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-9 17:54
Yes, you CAN use the app to change/update the home point. You can set it to a point on the map, the controller or the drone location. Check under the Safety tab, update home point.

Yes .. you can change the home point.
After 6 years of flying, I kinda know that (and much more).
BUT it's NEVER going to change by itself just because he lost his app.
2021-7-9
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Not all of them. In the past there has been a problem with the Exynos processors, the ones with snapdragon processors worked fine. I'm flying the drone with a Samsung S20fe without any of these problems.
And yes, your S9+ has the Exynos processor, so check on the version of the Fly app. Should be 1.4.8 (1120). Be shure to check the subversion as there been 3 versions of the 1.4.8

If you check on take off the RTH is set correctly and you didn't alter the behaviour what the drone should do in case of disconnect, it would return to the home point as soon the controller is disconnected (put off).
As long the controller has connection the drone will stay hovering at the same place.

I'm flying a while DJI drones now and never had a problem with the RTH. Just wait flying out until you hear the message the RTH has been set.

2021-7-9
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

2021-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules