5.1 or Stereo sound
857 5 2021-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XdxvCcP1zLkf
lvl.2

Czechia

Hello,
when rendering, I have the option to do 5.1 sound or stereo. Properties of the recorded files show Stereo, but since it has 4 mics, would 5.1 have any benefits?
Thank you!

2021-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

What software are you using for rendering?

As far as I know, the multiple microphones on the Pocket 2 only record stereo at max, and the microphones used for stereo recording are chosen by algorhythm that decides which ones capture the best audio at the moment.

If somebody else knows better or I have mistaken, feel free to correct me.
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_XdxvCcP1zLkf
lvl.2

Czechia

HGDC84 Posted at 7-11 01:53
What software are you using for rendering?

As far as I know, the multiple microphones on the Pocket 2 only record stereo at max, and the microphones used for stereo recording are chosen by algorhythm that decides which ones capture the best audio at the moment.

Sony Vegas. I've recorded a test video now and it seems the 5.1 doesn't do much when listening with headphones...
2021-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

My guess is that you'll need a separate voice recorder for 5.1 audio. Of course, synchronizing the audio to video might be a bit of fuzz, but as far as I know that would be the only way.
2021-7-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Since this is a 3rd party rendering software ( Sony Vegas ) to edit your work. I hops that our fellow DJI members who uses the said software can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-7-12
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

I checked the recordings with many configurations. The maxiumum you can get with this camera is 192kbps and 2 channels.
Which means low quality audio stream, without 5.1.
2021-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules