Crashed into branches, damaged both rear arms, cables attached
975 12 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
le0mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28179 ft
Canada

Unfortunately, after only owning the DJI Mini 2 for a few weeks, I crashed it in a tree branch. The Mini 2 fell and broke the rear arms with cables still attached. Gimbal still works.
How do I go about this? I have tried putting one wing back together. I removed the two screws holding the wing from main body. And then inside there there were three screws that I cleaned up and removed the excess plastic from. I put to together and seem to be holding pretty good.
I am having issues with the other wing rear though, the one of the screws that hold the arm to the main body is too tight. I have used WD40 to try and loosen it up a bit but not luck, I'm afraid I may have stripped the screw.
Here is the imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/8gVEKuO

2021-7-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You can order new ones from Amazon. Just make sure you get genuine parts.
2021-7-12
Use props
le0mac
lvl.1
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-12 05:03
You can order new ones from Amazon. Just make sure you get genuine parts.

Could you elaborate which new one? The wing? The screw? The body frame?
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

You could send it to DJI for repairs
2021-7-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

le0mac Posted at 7-12 05:10
Could you elaborate which new one? The wing? The screw? The body frame?

These - https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=min ... 003&ref=sr_pg_2

The Mavic Mini motor is not as powerful as the Mini 2. If you get one and it will not hover properly, I would change the old motor into the new arm.
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If you have the care refresh, then it might be repaired for free
2021-7-12
Use props
-SgtPepper-
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505833 ft
United Kingdom

I also crashed mine in to a tree after 1.5 hours of using it and damaged the front right arm, middle casing and upper casing. I decided not to attempt a home repair as, frankly, I had no idea what to do. I am in the UK and had to send to Netherlands for authorised repair. My experience was very good and the quote, I thought, was reasonable. 70 EUR of the cost is for labour and shipping, the parts are very reasonably priced.

I am now awaiting repair and shipping, hope to have it back very soon.

Whichever way you go, I hope you get your drone back in the air shortly.

2021-7-12
Use props
le0mac
lvl.1
Canada

-SgtPepper- Posted at 7-12 06:37
I also crashed mine in to a tree after 1.5 hours of using it and damaged the front right arm, middle casing and upper casing. I decided not to attempt a home repair as, frankly, I had no idea what to do. I am in the UK and had to send to Netherlands for authorised repair. My experience was very good and the quote, I thought, was reasonable. 70 EUR of the cost is for labour and shipping, the parts are very reasonably priced.

I am now awaiting repair and shipping, hope to have it back very soon.

Currently chatting with tech support. Thanks!
2021-7-12
Use props
le0mac
lvl.1
Canada

Alvara74 Posted at 7-12 05:57
You could send it to DJI for repairs

I may have to go this way! Thanks
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

le0mac Posted at 7-12 07:23
Currently chatting with tech support. Thanks!

Best of luck!
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

le0mac Posted at 7-12 07:24
I may have to go this way! Thanks

Its the logical way, unless you want to void you warranty
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there le0mac. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened on your DJI Mini 2 I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said issue to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty as well. Thank you.
2021-7-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The warranty is only good if DJI decides you did not damage it by your fault. If you have the Refresh package and DJI rules against you, do that. Otherwise, if DJI rejects the warranty claim and gives you an estimate of the repair costs, balance that with the cost of your own repairs and the time left on the warranty. I had a similar failure with my used-purchased Mini (no warranty) and replaced both front arms and motors for about $50 total. YouTube is your friend. But beware, minor soldering skills are required for this repair.
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules