Lens issue
1127 6 2015-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United States

In this image you can see a streak from the sun to the house.  This isn't exactly lens flare but something else.  It is always at the same angle going the same direction.  e.g. in another image with the sun towards the right of the picture, you see the streak going off to the right at the same angle and direction as it does in this image.  So, its not going towards the middle of the camera but down and to the right.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.  Sure... I know this isn't a real camera and this type of effect can happen with lower quality optics but this is rather severe.

It does not seem to matter which filter I use or no filter at all.  Its always happens.

2015-7-23
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

I have become aware of a similar issue with my I1.  The cause appears to be a piece of dust or debris behind the lens!!   It flares the light if the camera faces the sun and is visible on the recorded image.

Am very disappointed.

DF
2015-7-24
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have never flown when the sun is low so I have never had the problem but looks to me as classic flare when the sun is in a certain place in the frame. Due to cheap lens/imaging chip etc.
2015-7-24
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
United States

Thanks.  I was asking mostly to see if everyone had the same issue.  I found a few other images and videos with the sun that do not have the issue.  I've checked on the outside and did not see anything.  I'll get a loop and see if I can look inside the lens to see if I can spot something.  I'm also wondering if I could send the camera in for repairs.
2015-7-24
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

I know an old camera technician who trades locally, I'll ask him to dismantle the camera & lens to remove the debris. I'd rather do this than wait for a Dji repair.
2015-7-24
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
United States

I was set to disassemble my camera last weekend but first I took a magnifying glass and tried to see any type of reason for the lens to be making the lines of sunlight that it does and I could not.  And it also appears as if you have to disassemble the servo and detach the camera to get the camera apart.  I'm not sure of that but after removing the four screws, the case will did not want to come apart.  So... I didn't pursue further.
2015-7-30
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

That sure looks like lens flare to me. Although it is brighter than all the other bands it appears to be the same width.  If it were an issue with the lens, I think you would see it start at the same point in the frame.

Have you tried aiming a led light or laser pointer at it and then shooting an image of that from different points in the frame?
2015-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules