DJI FPV REMOTE CONTROLLER 2 NOT REGISTERING INPUT
1409 4 2021-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MHerm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18845 ft
Netherlands

I've purshased the fpv remote controller 2 in order to start flying in sim before purchasing the real thing. However I'm having issues where the input of the controls are just not being recognised.

I've installed the dji assistant (fpv version) and the remote is being recognized I've also updated the firmware. Then when I go into liftoff or velocidrone it recognises the controller as well as a C5 but none of the inputs are being registered.
I've tried this on 2 seperate mac devices with the same results. One running on catalina and one running on big sur but without any difference between behaviour in the two.
I'm not able to try this out on a windows machine before anyone asks since I only work with apple devices.
I also tried hooking the controller up to my iphone with the flight sim but this is also not working (with lightning to usb-c cable).
This is the second controller i've tried it with I already returned one and got a replacement back today but the exact same result again.

I'm really hoping someone here has the solution for me, I've also tried contacting support but they just told me that they forwarded it to a developer and that they would get back to me within 48h which ofcourse has already past without any response from them.
I've one more thing I didn't attempt and that's connecting the controller to my ipad pro (2020) with usb-c to usb-c and see if that does register in the virtual flight app. But I would prefer to get it working in liftoff and velocidrone. So i'm really hoping someone here got the fix for me.
2021-7-15
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For the virtual flight app you need the goggles as well. Otherwise I don't know what's drone. I have the combo and it works fine on a Mac.
2021-7-16
Use props
MHerm
lvl.1
Netherlands

@Depp

I figured that might be needed for the virtual flight app, but still it should atleast recognize it on the mac's. It's just recognizing it as "c5" and it won't see any inputs. Tried multiple things but without any luck.
I've contacted support yet again and they said they would get back to me today so let's see if they actually do..
2021-7-16
Use props
dronestudione
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Did you manage to get this sorted? I'm having the exact same issue and can't find a solution anywhere.
2023-11-18
Use props
MHerm
lvl.1
Netherlands

dronestudione Posted at 11-18 02:36
Did you manage to get this sorted? I'm having the exact same issue and can't find a solution anywhere.

Yeah I did, it turns out the controller needs to be connected to the fpv drone atleast once.
So i got someone who has the fpv drone to connect my controller to his drone and that fixed it for me
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules